Hornby Class 31 "upgrade"?

From Ultrascale's website:

[quote] "Notice Board Hornby Class 31

(Last Updated: 8th August 2008)

It has been brought to our attention that the latest batch of Hornby Class 31's have been modified, as far as the bogie drive mechanism is concerned.

This means that our current conversion pack is now only suitable for models produced prior to 2008. For models produced after this date you will need to use our economy conversion pack." [unquote]

Can anyone here confirm/supply more details about this?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

You could try looking at the service section of the Hornby website.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John but I wasn't asking where I could get an upgrade but about what changes have been made to the latest version so as to make the Ultrascale upgrade unnecessary. I am assuming from Ultrascale's description that drive to the centre axles has now been abandoned but my understanding is that running problems were caused more by the linkage to the rotating fan.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

I was suggesting looking at the varying service sheets to see what (any) differences there may be.

That was certainly the problem with my class 31s. Snip the drive to the fan and the running qualities improved out of sight.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There is only only one service sheet on the website. It's dated May 2006 so does not include any recent alterations.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Ah well, it was worth a look, but it also might be worth while asking whether there's an update available.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Have Hornby corrected the motor bogies then?

Reply to
Martin

That is what I am trying to ascertain. Except for that brief, unattributed note on Ultrascale's website, I've heard nothing about it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim