Parallel boiler Stanier 2-6-4T ?

Just looking at Hornby's latest product sheet and there's a picture of what they describe as a "Stanier 2-6-4T" with parallel boiler and early emblem R2378/X. Looks more like a Fowler 2-6-4T to me. Were any Stanier 2-6-4 tanks built with parallel boilers?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

No. All Stanier locos had taper boilers. (The LMSR 0-4-4 tanks sometimes attributed to Stanier were actually the work of his predecessor, although I think they were delivered after Stanier joined LMSR )

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

Ernest Lemon who was temporary CME after Fowler while they were head-hunting Stanier.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Indeed, this is an obvious (to those who know their Stanier locos anyway...) typo on the part of Hornby.

Reply to
Jerry

I'd thought - from articles read (accuracy may vary..) - that the 0-4-4Ts of the LM&S were a re-jig of a Johnson (MR) design, with minor modifications by a committee chaired by Lemon (who was standing in as CME in the transition period). Presumably the Fowler 2-6-2Ts were considered unsatisfactory (understandable) and an existing design was adopted. I've certainly not read anything which ascribes them to Fowler (though, again, this may simple reflect gaps in my reading..)

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen