Which Flex track to buy

i am building my first attic layout and want to build using flexable track .... but who's is the best to use .... peco , hornby (if they still make it) or other

Reply to
fredfrog

"fredfrog" wrote

Not too keen on that produced by Hornby. The rail is too loose in the sleepering and I've found it more difficult to use as a consequence.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

You can't go far wrong with Peco - Code 100 or Code 70.

Actually, I prefer the current Atlas flex track, although it may not be available or economic in the UK. One rail is fixed to the sleepers, the other slides, making it easier to maintain even sleeper spacing.

Reply to
MartinS

also obvious question ... i need to buy a modest quantity (60m+) any recomendations for a good online source

Reply to
fredfrog

If you are doing curves the Hornby semi-flexible track is easier to work with as opposed to their fully flexible track. Otherwise go for Peco if you need concrete like sleepers and don't buy steel over time it will rust in a loft.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

It depends on what sort of layout (or really what sort of stock) you are planning to run over it. For appearance I would recommend SMP's flexible track, which is built with code 75 rail, and looks very good. The OO track has often been mistaken for EM. If you are running older locomotives, then Peco's Universal (with code 100 rail) is ideal, looks not being too important.

Reply to
John Ruddy

mostly new stuff , as i sold my collection 10 years ago (bad mistake) and am rebuilding it .... live steam also .. so heat tollerance will be an issue i guess

Gav

Reply to
fredfrog

If you want more realistic concrete looking sleepers try

who sell representations of the different manufacturers of sleepers and code 83 rail close 113lb flat bottom rail only now being replaced by heavier UIC 60 rail.

Chris

Reply to
Chris