Hornby Class 31

Hello all Tonight the Class 31 started stalling on points. I took power to all the wheels and the bogie under the fan side seems dead, the other side is fine. Is this an easy fix before I get dangerous with a screwdriver. Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

When that kind of thing happens to me, the first thing I do is clean all the wheels.

then it's time to get the screwdriver out.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Check the metal strip which the ends of the axles touch. There is a contact there which is one of these hole and clip affairs. On mine the paint had not been removed and was insulating one side of the bogie.

HTH, Doug

Reply to
Doug Cowan