Kestrel

I was just thinking, now that Heljan have successfully produced 'Falcon', and Bachmann/NRM have almost produced 'Deltic', what could be the next prototype loco to produce? I was thinking 'Kestrel' as a companion to 'Falcon' :-)

But, the subject could obviously be widened to ask simply: What locomotive, steam, diesel or electric, that would or could *not* otherwise get even a small significant release, would you like to see made?

This is purely for Christmas fun. This *isn't* a wish list, no manufacturers are reading (AFAIK). And it's just for that *one* loco that wouldn't normally get made in a month of Sundays. :-)

Reply to
Ian J.

Ian J. said the following on 21/12/2007 10:48:

"Gazelle" - the little loco bought for the S&M line.

Paul Boyd

The Baby Warship - though I think someone does a 7mm kit......

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"Ian J." wrote

LNER G5 0-4-4T LNER J26 0-6-0 LNER Q6 0-8-0

That would nicely do me.

As for a 'modern' prototype - I'd welcome a model of GT3.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Leader, for all Southern modellers? :)

Steve Magee Newcastle NSW Aust

Reply to
Steve

There was an interesting thread in the 7mm yahoo group recently that started off with the Eastern Counties Railway railcars, somebody posted a link to a picture of a 2-2-2 wich a single passenger compartment which turned out to be Gazelle in its original guise as built by Dodmans,

You need to be registered.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

Blue Pullman

23 Baby Deltic
Wilson

Reply to
Wilson Adams

"Ian J." wrote

An ex-LMS Beyer-Garrett 2-6-0 + 0-6-2 would be nice, with or without a revolving bunker!

DW

Reply to
David Westerman

A GWR River class sandwich framed 2-4-0 - but nobody will make that.

On the other hand City of Truro would sell well as it has been around for more than a century as well being so famous.

It would be an easy conversion to original condition by the purchaser

- shorten the smoke box and remove the top feed.

They could even make it with a removable smoke box and safety valve / top feed with springy plastic pipe, and provide alternatives in the same box. Similarly plug-in cab side number plates for 3440 and 3717.

Bachmann does this sort of thing in America with alternative wood/steel cabs on some of their engines.

They could even do it properly without the frame cutouts that spoiled the Triang/Hornby Lord of the Isles and still get it round train-set curves.

Treat the front bogie like a carriage bogie, actually supporting the front of the engine, with minimal side play, and hide what is in effect a rear bogie for the driving wheels behind the outside frames. Pick up power from all wheels and you should have something that runs better than the average steam model.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

"Ian J." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

L&Y "Dreadnought" or an Aspinall "High Flyer" or even any one of the L&Y

242T
Reply to
Chris Wilson

Most likely would be DP2.....

For grins and chuckles I would like to see the "Fell" locomotive...

David.

Reply to
chorleydnc

Stanier Mogul

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , Ian J. writes

GWR steam railmotor, watchmaking and all.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

The message from "kim" contains these words:

In N-gauge.

Reply to
David Jackson

"Steve" wrote

I think you'll find that Southern modellers are to be spoilt once again this coming year by Hornby, so don't push your luck.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

As a trader you've probably seen (and be sworn to secrecy on) Hornby's plans for 2008, but I thought the only Southern item (as in SR, not BR(S)) they were considering (let alone actually doing) was the T9?? Thinking rhetorically, I have to take it from your comment that there are more SR items on their list than that?

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Yeah, come on John, spill your guts :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Raven A2 City of Durham. NER/LNER No. 13 (Raven mainline electric prototype).

I'm actually quite surprised that nobody's done an RTR Hush-Hush considering that you can buy pretty much everything else Gresley did.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

I would like to see a Y3 sentinel loco produced.

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

manufacturers

I'd like to see a decent Y6 and/or J70 (and, no, the Hornby Toby does *not* count), plus some coaching stock to go with them.

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts