Heljan new models announced

Heljan have just announced the following planned, new releases:-

4mm scale

Brush/Hawker Siddeley 'Kestrel' prototype diesel Co-Co BTH Class 15 Bo-Bo

7mm scale

Class 20 Bo-Bo

John,

53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner

Selling out 'Falcon' within a few weeks seems to have made quite an impression on them. Is it in Falcon's price range, John? After 'Falcon' they can't fail to have noticed that people are prepared to pay more for something perceived as scarce. I'm as guilty of this as the next man; I'd still be mulling over a purchase of Falcon if there hadn't been a stampede upon it's appearance.

Reply to
Stuart Smith

Will there be more Falcons?

A 15 & 17 would be nice

Reply to
Martin

"Martin" wrote

They announced some time ago that there would be another batch of lime green (with different badge) and a weathered blue version. These are due later this year, with a price premium for the weathered model.

The 15 has been announced, but I agree that a class 17 would be welcome too.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Stuart Smith" wrote

It's the same price as 'Falcon' - RRP of GBP110.00

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 31/03/2008 17:34, John Turner said,

I thought the 17 had been announced. It can be pre-ordered from Hattons now.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Yes, you're right, I've got my underwear in a twist. For some reason I was confusing class 14 with the 'Clayton'.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

had pricing.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I NEED a 14 or 2

No logical reason for the type 1s though!

And I'd like a few NBLs - only seen a 29 and a 41 - both at Barry

Reply to
Martin

Martin said the following on 01/04/2008 09:45:

Dapol have announced a Class 22 - wasn't that NBL?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

beamendsltd said the following on 01/04/2008 11:38:

The class numbers are official (Warships were class 42, Westerns class

52). Although the classes were allocated, as you've seen not all locos carried the TOPS numbers. If they were extinct before TOPS, they wouldn't have had a class number. The NBL Warships, for instance, I don't think were ever allocated a class, but are referred to as "D800s" in the same manner as steam locos were referred to as 4500s or whatever.

Do a google search on TOPS, and you should be able to find a list.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

/me points at bookcase.

I have a 1970 BR Main Line Diesel Locomotive Diagram Book (ref MT/25) that includes these class numbers. It does not have the A1A-A1A Warships, sometimes referred to as Class 41, but does have the NBL type 2s (22 and 29) as well as the BTH and Clayton Type 1s (15 and

17).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

The NBL Warships (D833-D865) were Class 43 (Diagram DH/4101/4).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

Just as a matter of interest, can someone point me to "official" documentation for these class numbers? I ask as in my previous burst of medelling/railway interest to about 1979 all the usual suspects, 47's etc, had class numbers, some like the Warships never actually carrying them, but those that were extinct before TOPS were never referred to by class number. Are these classes offical, or has "tradition" just pencilled them in?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Tim Illingworth said the following on 01/04/2008 11:22:

HSTs were also Class 43. OK, they didn't exactly overlap, but would they have re-used class numbers?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Thanks - I was just wondering where the class numbers for the pre-TOPS engines had come from. I've always had a bit of thing about the Baby Warships (mostly because I still can't believe anyone would build something so ugly!), but have noticed they appear to have picked up a class number in recent years when, by definition, they couldn't have one - unless the class numbers were allocated prior to TOPS. On the assumption that their, and other similar cases, class numbers are effectively fictional, I'll carry on with "Baby Warship", D800's etc as appropriate.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The D600s would have been 41

Reply to
Martin

All from memory

01 Barclay 153bhp 02 NBL D/H 040 03 BR 060 DM 04 Drewery 060DM 05 Various 060DM - only one to make it to TOPS was Hunslet 06 Barclay 204dhp 07 Southamton Docks 060DE 08 BR DE 09 high speed 08 10 pre nat versions 11 & alternate engines 12 of 08 13 Tinsley double 08s 14 Swindon DH060 15 BTH 800bhp 16 would have been NPL 800bhp 17 Clayton 20 EE T1 21 NBL DE original engine 22 NBL DH 23 Baby Deltic 24 BR T2 1180 25 BR T2 1250 26 BRCW T2 1180 27 BRCW T2 1250 28 MV CoBo 29 Paxman NBL DE 30 Brush T2 Mirlesss 31 Brush T2 EE 33 BRCW T3 35 BR T3 DH 37 EE T3 38 Proposed type 3 40 EE T4 2000 41 NBL D600s 42 Swindon Warship 43 NBL Warship later HST Power Car 44 Peak 45 Peak 46 Peak 47 Brush T4 48 Brush T4 V12 50 EE 4 2700 52 Western 53 Falcon 55 Deltic 56 BR5 V16 58 BR5 V12 59 FY jobbie 60 Brush 5 66 Shed 67 BoBo Shed

----------------

70 Bulleid CoCo 71 2500 BoBo 73 1470 BoBo ED 74 2500 BoBo ED 76 Woodhead Bo+Bo 77 Woodhead Co Co

----------------

80 Ex 18001 81 BR AC 82 ?? AC 83 EE AC 84 NBL AC 85 BR AC I think 86 2nd Gen BR AC 87 2nd Gen BR AC learnt from 86 mistakes 88 Proposed CoCo 89 Brush CoCo 90 new batch 87/1 91 ECML 140mph jobbies 92 Brush Channel Tunnel CoCo

Any missing please fill in

Reply to
Martin

Martin said the following on 01/04/2008 14:45:

That's sad, and what is also sad is that I'm pretty sure you're right, from my memory :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Must have - the diagram says CLASS 43 in large friendly letters at the bottom. I rather think most other 4x class numbers were still in use then, with EE Type 4s at 40, the prototype HSTs at 41 IIRC, D832 at

42, the Peaks at 44-46 and the Brush 4s at 47/48.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth