Revell paint misprint?

I called in at my local independent hardware shop today (yes, there is one left) and noticed a small selection of enamel paints on the shelf. About half of them were Humbrol, but the others were Revell and claimed to be ... wait for it .... "EMAIL PAINT" !

I've tried painting my emails, but the colour doesn't show at the other end. Anyone got some thinners for my screen?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

That's German for "enamel". Revell was bought by a German Co. some years ago.

Reply to
Wolf K.

Also French- I thought it was Heller (a French company) that had bought Revell. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Email is also French. I have tins of Humbrol labelled "Peinture Email / Email-Farbe". It's also in 14 other languages, in addition to English.

Reply to
MartinS

Well, you live and learn! How confusing for them. I blame the Yanks for deliberately picking coining a new meaning for the word "email" just to confuse the foreigners.

There was me thinking it was some Chinese factory trusting their spell-checker a bit too much...

Adrian

Reply to
AdrianB

Revell was a US firm, which became Revell-Monogram and also set up a German subsidiary, also called some variant of Revell. The subsidiary became bigger than the parent, and was spun off as a separate business with a management buy out in 2006.

explains it. Lots of companies with very similar names.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Ta - I had wondered (but not enough to ask) what email paint was...

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Email????? Oh, I see, you mean e-mail.

Hah!