Paint shelf/storage!?

Is it possible to find/buy a shelf for paints? I saw in the shops Tamiya's and Modelmaster's shelves but was told they were not for sale! And they would exactly fit my needs and available space! Any help would bi really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Zvoni

Reply to
bonko

on 10/14/2007 2:02 PM bonko said the following:

Me too. I am constantly looking for molded clear plastic shelves 18" to

24" long by 3" or 4" deep. Even glass ones, like those used in a medicine closet.
Reply to
willshak

for what its worth, I used to work in retail drug and the cosmetics section were often changing out displays for new lines, etc. Nail polish and the various bottles of female war paint were very close to paint jar sizes. the old plastic display boxes were usually just placed in the back of the store by the dumpsters. I took a few small racks home over the years....maybe with a little dumpster diving you might find something that would work.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

If there is a wholesale plastics supplier near you, they will cut clear plastic to order for you. Very inexpensive.

When I first started vac forming I bought a 100' x 3' roll of .015 vivak for about $30. I figure I'll need to re-stock somewhere around 2050.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

I was in luck a while ago I went to the local Toyworld and was looking for some Model Master enamel colours which they sold.

A lot of the bottles were in a big basket and not in the display rack ,I complained to the store owner ,how customers are supposed to get the colours with out searching through hundreds of loose jars. He said that he was getting rid of the Model master colours and replacing with Humbrol Acrylics (at the reccomendation of some idiot modeler in our town.) So I said to hime ,to give me a price for the Model Master paints and the rack and I'll consider buying him out . A week later he called with a price of 500.00AUD .I said I would think about it . I got one of the employees who was an aquaintence of mine to count the jars of paints ,there was over 700 , and also some of the bigger jars of clear coats and model master thinners . So I took the deal . The paints sell here for 3.20AUD each retail and I got the Model Master rack as well.

Funny thing was I was after olive drab originaly and guess what ? in all the paints I got there was not one jar of olive drab.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I had a Model Master rack for awhile but I donated it to the Central Penn Model Car Club for their yearly auction. It took up a lot of space and I really didn't need it. OTOH, I do have and use a Humbrol rack that I got from a shop that was closing. The rest of my paints are in corrugated card trays that I bought for the purpose. I have them separated by brand and colours within those brands. I find a peelable label such as are used at yard sales, and stuck on the cap, handy for ID'ing the colours.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

on 10/16/2007 12:59 AM Mad-Modeller said the following:

I have another ID system. I paint the top of the cap with the color, then use a black Sharpie for the color name and #. For the very dark colors, where the Sharpie text wouldn't show too well, I paint a white band for the text.

Reply to
willshak