Latest from warley

Heljan have announced that they are to *produce a Bo-Bo chassis platform which will be used initially for class 33 models and later for classes 26 &

27* - these to go into production AFTER the previously announced classes 52, 57/3 & 66.

Best wishes, John Turner,

53A Models, Hull, UK.
Reply to
John Turner

and Dapol have entered the N gauge r-t-r market with a new range of coaches. (don't know what as yet though)

Pete

Reply to
mutley

"mutley" wrote

They can't make OO-scale stuff that works properly so God help us with any

2mm scale offerings. Mind you at that size it won't be so easy to see all the detail faults. :-(

John.

Reply to
John Turner

lol! very true.

still, it's quite nice to hear of something that's -not- a loco. All these nice new locos sound great but I'm just as interested in what people are planning on releasing to stick behind them.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

"Brian Williams" wrote

Didn't Lima do an N-scale Siphon? Makes me wonder if Dapol haven't just bought the old Lima N-scale tooling, which was all the wrong scale.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Dapol have produced the Syphons G + H - they both appear to have the same body, so not sure what the difference is - totally different from the old Lima one.

Also a GWR B-Set Brake Compo. Both are absolutley superb, way ahead of the current Farish offerings. Flush glazing, low profile metal wheels, very fine detail - almost continental quality.

They are to be congratulatd on a very bold move which can only bee good news for British N.

Also in the N Gauge field, the N Gauge society were showing off their new horsebox kit, N-Thusiast Resprays had a very fine resin kit of the Class

57/3, and Electra Railway Graphics (me) launched their new range of conversion kits for modern parcels van conversion kits, including the PCV and Super GUV- with a very fine rendition of Res livery.
Reply to
Adam Warr

In message , Adam Warr writes

Siphon G has inside framing and Siphon H has outside framing.

Reply to
John Sullivan
Reply to
Brian Williams

The early Gs had outside frames as well. The Hs had a much more rounded roof

I gather the main difference is that the Gs were gangwayed and the Hs were not. The Dapol model is the early outside framed G, so the Lima ones aren't obsolete yet, which is good, as it is a very nicely moulded model.

I wonder if the Dapol bogies would fit under the Lima Syphon - would improve things no end.

Reply to
Adam Warr