Bachmann 2005 new release predictions

Presumably any colour you like so long as it's green?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

A little bird told me that if I'd to have a bet on what new product Bachmann would be announcing for 2005, it could be worth gambling a pound or two on the following:

BR Class 108 dmu BR Standard 9F 2-10-0 LMS/BR Fairburn 2-6-4T

Best wishes, John Turner,

53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner

The Fairburn would/will be great for me, but the Midland type Jinty would've been better. We'll see if you get the early bird award this time...

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Could be nice, especially if they produce the correct intermediate coaches as well.

No ! How about Blue or West Yorkshire PTE....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I reckon their 2005 releases will include Mk1 Pullmans, Mk2s, OAA and OBA wagons... ;-)

(and yes, I know what you mean :-P )

Reply to
Rich Mackin

I heard a few weeks ago about a 9f but thaught no! It and the Fowler would explain the term "Southern Region" locos that has been bouncing about.

Reply to
piemanlarger

Wow, Bachman going into tender drive at last!

Reply to
piemanlarger

Would be so nice to have a 9F that was loco drive! (And a Crosti boiler version would be the icing on the cake) Mike H

Reply to
jimedvic

For what it's worth it'll be nice to have a good DMU model for a change. How about a 101 then Hornby?

Reply to
Robert Wilson

"Robert Wilson" wrote

Having experience of Hornby (and Lima) dmus I'd much sooner that Bachmann produce one using their much leaked proposals for a 108 as the basis - at least for the mechanism!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I fail to see how these steam locomotives could be described as "Southern Region", other than the fact that SOME of the 2-6-4's were built at Brighton after the war, and that some 9F's were used on passenger turns on the S&D and on freights from Eastleigh to the Midlands. You could describe either as Midland Region and be more accurate.

If the 9F is loco drive and of a high standard, then it will be welcome, but I would still like Bachmann to make the oppotunity to create say, a Ivatt 2-6-0 using its exisiting Ivatt 2-6-2 chassis, or even something like a Standard 3 2-6-2.

Reply to
John Ruddy

I don't think any 108's were ever painted in PTE liveries.

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

"Bevan Price" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@demeter.uk.clara.net...

108s only carried green, green with full yellow ends (a Heaton repaint), BR blue/grey (with option WYPTE brandings, IIRC), and finally NSE.
Reply to
Rich Mackin

D'oh, and refurbished white/blue!

Reply to
Rich Mackin

In message , Rich Mackin writes

What about a re-release of the Maroon Mark 1 BSK?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Bachman have been saying there would be two new southern Region steam engines for 2005. They were obviuosly trying to keep the locos a secret as long as possible hence labelling them SR. the 2-6-4 worked on the Sr, so that counts as did the 9fs, as well as the S&D.

Reply to
piemanlarger

Yes, but its a little disengenuous to do so. That would be like saying they were going to make a new Southern Region diesel locomotive, and everyone expecting a highly detailed class 33, or perhaps a 73 ED - only to end up with a Hymek with the excuse that some of them worked on ex-SR lines after the WR had taken them over.

There were more Fairburns on the ER than there were on the SR - in fact once there were enough Standard 2-6-4's about in the mod 50's, they were swapped with the Fairburns going to the LMR. And only a handful of the

200-odd 9F's were ever allocated to the SR, and thats including the 4 allocated to Bath in 1960/1/2.
Reply to
John Ruddy

Well considering that I had a photo of one front of me when I posted my remarks....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The 2-6-4T's were not only built but used on the south coast in the Eastbourne area IIRC.

The 9F's were designed at Brighton and used as you mention.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

But neither style of WYPTE livery (cream and green as per the 141s, or the long-lived maroon/white successor) have been carried by 108s...

Reply to
Rich Mackin