Bachmann 2005 new release predictions

In message , John Lancaster may have written...

Ooh, another Blue 40, nice, can always make room for them...... Any news on Mk1 sleepers or the Mk2s? And the L&HR will be much pleased with the Fairburn. Some of them were based North of the Border, weren't they?

Reply to
James Christie

The message from "John Lancaster" contains these words:

Yup. 261 was the LMS number of the loco which became 42261

Reply to
David Jackson

I see a potential problem there unless both ends of the two-car unit contain at least one drive bogie. My guess is only one of the two-car units announced so far will contain any drive mechanism at all and that may be only at one end. Even if both bogies of one end coach are driven (and all windows blacked out) the emu as a whole is going to run much better in one direction than the other.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

92220 'Evening Star' was allocated to Bath Green Park for Spetember 1962, specifically to work the last Pines Express via the S&D, and from August to October 1963 to help cover a motive power shortage. At this time, Bath Green Park was a WR shed. The other 9F's were never allocated to the Southern Region - I think 92192 was a WR engine.
42096 was allocated to Ashford until it was transferred back to the LMR at the end of 1959.

I would assume it is a typo for 2061, being the LMS number for one of this class.

Reply to
John Ruddy
[ re BR Class 108 dmu ]
[ assuming a single motor bogie ] It would depend on the power on the motor and the weighting of each item of stock.

Remember that Hornby are talking about a 4 car EMU, they can't be too concerned....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

John (and David),

Jason advises me that it is indeed a typo and should in fact be 2691, although he didn't say which livery it will carry (LMS black?).

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

For some strange reason, some idiot has put the 2005 Price list on ebay!! I presume he is connected with the trade, else how did he gain access to the toy fair? but why would anyone buy it - I am sure the prices will be available on the web site shortly, and your local dealer will no doubt have a copy of the price list for you.

Reply to
John Ruddy

I am guessing that will have at least one powered bogie at each end.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

MREmag

has just been updated with much more detail.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Well, I for one can use a loco drive 9F... Not sure about the Fairburn, and have no need of a 108 that I can think of... Shame there's to be no work on the rolling stock this year tho (what abt the Mk2 and Mk1 Pullmans, already partially tooled up???)

Keeps a bit more money in the piggy bank tho...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Why does this horrendous expression *pristine* keep getting used. Locos which were in tip-top condition after new-build or overhaul were always traditionally referred to as *ex-works*.

I hate this Hornby-speak. It reminds me of the days when they traditionally referred to any non-brake coach as a *composite* without any regard for the true meaning of the word.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Lancaster" wrote

If it's in authentic LMS livery then it would have great difficulty in being anything other than black.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

This was from Pat Hammonds site Model railway Express the news is it is to be a 9F

Bachmann's three new locomotives this year are to be the Class 108 Heritage DMU, a Fairburn 2-6-4 tank and a Class 9F. The news broke at the Toyfair in London today when the new Bachmann catalogue was released. The company's MD, Graham Hubbard, also confirmed that they are giving rolling stock a rest this year while they catch up with the current programme. This is a new commitment by Bachmann to avoid announcing models which cannot be released in the current year.

Three versions of the 9F are planned for release in the Autumn, all in pristine condition. These are '92192' with late decals and a BR1F tender, '92116' with early decals and a BR1C tender and '92220 Evening Star' with the BR1G tender. Questioned about the problem of hiding the mechanism with so much daylight under the boiler, Bachmann's head of development, Merl Evans, showed me the drawings for the model which indicated how the chassis is to be built in two layers with daylight between and the gear train concealed behind the bracket supporting the valve gear.

The Class 9F was third in the BR Standard Steam section in last year's MREmag poll while third in the LMS section was the Fairburn tank. The latter will also be available in three pristine versions this year. These will be '2691' in LMS livery, '42096' in BR lined black with early decals and '42073 ' in BR lined black with late decals. These will have build variations and heavy internal weights to ensure good pulling power.

The Class 108 DMU includes two cars (DMBS and DMCL) and, again, three pristine versions will be released this year. These will be BR green with whiskers, BR blue/grey and one in NSE livery. The numbers on these are not yet available. They will have differing cab and roof styles, full underfloor equipment, detailed interiors and directional lighting.

Amongst models on display were six versions of the new Class 66. These were '66405' Malcolm Logistics Services blue, '66612 Forth Raider' in Freightliner green, '66200 Railway Heritage Committee' in EWS red and yellow, '66135' also in EWS red and yellow, '66610' in Freightliner green and '66701' in GBRf blue.

Amongst the new liveries on existing models in the Bachmann range are the

0-4-0 saddle tank (Percy) in GWR lined greed as '311'; four new Class 20s - '20023' Raifreight red stripe with discs, '20132' Raifreight red stripe with code boxes, '20052' weathered BR blue with discs, 'D8307' weathered BR blue with code boxes; 3 pristine Class 08s - '08683' EWS, '08375' BR blue and 'D3032' BR green; 3 pristine Class 57XX Pannier tanks - '5786' GWR, '7739' BR black with early decals and '5757' BR black with late decals; Jinty '47506' in BR plain black with late decals and '47279' with early decals (also on display was '47253' in BR red with late decals); Class 40 'D210 Empress of Britain' in BR green and '40169' in BR blue; Class 170/4 in ScotRail First Group livery; Class 55 '55013 The Black Watch' in BR blue; 3 Ivatt Class 4s - '43047' with late decals, '43160' with early decals and '3001' in LMS black; 3 Class 57s - '57301 Scot Tracy' in Virgin livery, '57602 Restormel Castle' in First Great Western green and '57008 Freightliner Explorer' in Freightliner livery; '30850 Lord Nelson' in BR green with early decals; 3 Class 158s - ScotRail First Group livery, Metro WYPTE livery and Transpennine First Group livery; Class 04 'D2254' in weathered BR blue and '11217' weathered BR black with early decals.

While there may be no new rolling stock tooling this year, there will be plenty of new liveries on wagons and new batches of renumbered coaches.

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys

Presumably Bachmann mean no new rolling stock *other than outstanding models previously announced*. As MREmag states, "The company's MD, Graham Hubbard, also confirmed that they are giving rolling stock a rest this year while they catch up with the current programme. This is a new commitment by Bachmann to avoid announcing models which cannot be released in the current year."

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"The Parkys" wrote

Do we mean coat-of-arms and emblem? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Does this mean that they have given up on the BR Mk1 Pullmans or are they included in the 'catching up' process ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

No doubt there will also be some idiot who will buy it !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"John Lancaster" wrote

So you contradict the College of Heraldry's terminology? ;-)

Even crest is better than fuffing *decals*!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Ooops, that should read College of Heralds I think. Whisky speaking again! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"kim" <

Not a problem.

All wheel pick-up and motor, with flywheel, in the guard's compartment unit. The again, on either the two or three car unit, they could even have all wheel pick-up on all four or six bogies and run jumpers between the cars.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.