Bachmann OO-scale latest news.

Hi guys,

The following has just arrived from Bachmann. I'll post some N-scale news shortly.

John,

53A Models, Hull.

Branchline: New Arrivals expected in early May

32-601 Class 220 Virgin 'Grampian Voyager' £ 102.95 32-429 Class 24 Diesel BR Green D5011 £ 49.45 33-825C 25 ton Queen Mary Bo BR Bauxite £ 11.95 33-830A 25 ton Queen Mary Bk Southern £ 11.95 36-165 Plasser Tamper m/c motorised £ 39.95

And expected at the end of the month subject to Customs Clearance

31-550 V2 'Green Arrow ' BR green l/crest £79.95 31-562 V2 60834 BR black E/E stepped Tender, weathered £79.95 31-952 A4 3368 'Mallard' LNER Garter Blue with Valances £88.95

31-954A A4 'Sir Nigel Gresley' Sin Chimney BR Blue E/Emb weathered £91.30

32-525A Class 55 Deltic 55002 Kings Own Yorks Light Infantry £64.45 32-527 Class 55 Deltic BR Blue 'Crepello' £64.45 36-009 Mk1 couplings 10 per pack £1.55 36-025 Mk2 couplings mini short 10 per pack £2.15 36-026 Mk2 couplings mini long 10 per pack £2.15 36-030 Mk2 couplings NEM shaft 10 per pack £2.55 36-031 Oval Buffers 8 per pack £2.05 36-032 Round head Buffers 8 per pack £2.05

Would retailers please note that all Class 20s released in March and April have completely sold out, but we are making provision to release some more Class 20s in the Autumn. Details of their liveries will be announced shortly.

31-337B 04 Shunter has also sold out 33-075E and 33-076E have now become 33-080 and 33-081 respectively. Note that 33-081 does not carry 'Ball Clay Only' on its side. 33-432 and 33-433, 51 tonne Scrap wagon have come in using last years identity numbers of 33-430a and 33-431a. Please note invoices will state the new identity number. As you can see, with great rejoicing that finally we are getting a consignment of couplings. Just to make sure you understand which coupling is for what I will try to explain once more.

Couplings

36-009 - Old style screw on type 36-025 - new style used to replace old style wagon couplings 36-026 - new style, long, used to replace old style wagon couplings

and for buffers:

36-031 - Oval buffers for Warship, 4MT 2-6-4, 5MT Class37 36-032 - Round buffers for 08 shunters Jubs etc
Reply to
John Turner

YIPPEE!!!

A new Green Arrow model released at last - My Grandad would have been proud to see what has happened to 'his' Engine!

Thanks for the info'.

David.

Reply to
David F.

Is it my memory, or wasn't there a picture of a Lima Green Arrow in the Beatties catalogue about 1981? Another of those mystical "almosts" (along with the Airfix - I think - Underground train, a personal gripe if true).

[Record sticks.] Now, where's the Bachmann Jinty? Someone promise me it'll be here in June.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

"Mark Dickerson" wrote

Lima planned but did not produce a V2.

Possible for June, but probably a month or three later than that. They had (far from finished) pre-production test mouldings at York Show at Easter, along with what looked like final test shots for the class 40 diesel - and very nice that lookmed too.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Something at Ally Pally, too, but I tried not to think about it. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the pick-ups after the 08.

At this rate it'll be one RTR loco in a year. Although the Brighton Works livery Terrier has "impulse buy" written all over it.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

John,

Out of interest are these couplings "complete", that is hook, bar, mounting etc all included?

Also ... do you know if there's any pictures of them available anywhere, tried google, Bachmann etc with no joy.

The reason I ask is that I'm hoping to replace all the various types of tension lock coupling on the stock on my son's part of the layout so that they all use a common type but I'm a bit confused as to which Bachmann coupling is which.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

"Mark Dickerson" wrote

Do you know twenty five years ago we'd have died for one new r-t-r loco each year, although I do believe Hornby managed eight in *one* rather exceptional year .

John.

Reply to
John Turner

25 years ago I could barely afford that (come to think of it, not much has changed)... I shouldn't complain as the ex-Ian Kirk kits becoming more easily available gives me plenty to get on with. The waiting is annoying, but I think I prefer it to total mystery until much later in the process.

I don't know - must be the raving about "more important" prototypes getting to me. Diddums.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

"Chris Wilson" wrote

36-009 - Old style screw on type - is identical to the old "Mainline Railways" coupling. 36-025 - new style used to replace old style wagon couplings - these are the Bachmann mini-style short coupling, screw-on type and a direct smaller replacement for the old Mainline & Hornby screw-on couplings. 36-026 - new style, long, used to replace old style wagon couplings - as 36-025 but with a longer shank.

All three are complete screw-on couplings.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Cheers John but ...

... 'Scuse me for being dumb ... these are the ones with the single screw in a central spot ... the whole thing being a little flexible?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thanks for the heads up. One question - did Bachman ever produce the 159 in the new South West Trains livery (it was in their catalogue last year and I think the year before that) and I missed it or has it been lost in the mysterious Bachmann sub-etha?

Also related question (sort of!) Lima advertised a middle car in Network SouthEast livery for their Class 101 DMU. Did that ever see the light of day either?

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: Rail Pics:

Bus Pics:

jmu2000

"Chris Wilson" wrote

Yes, but with two outboard holes to locate on pegs to stop them swivelling.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"jmu2000" wrote

Now you're asking - I'm not sure.

No idea on that either.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

swivelling.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Neither, as far as I'm aware.

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Is there an anticipated date for the dcc Digital Sets ? (or have I deleted a reply which mentioned them??)

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Same goes for the TPX 158 - I *think* I saw one a year but I wouldn't mind one in the pre-vandalism TPX livery :/

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

In article , John Turner writes

Yes, in 1980. LNER 'Green Arrow' and BR 'The Durham Light Infantry' were proposed by Lima. At the same time Hornby also proposed 'Green Arrow' in LNER livery and a sample model was made and hand painted. With so many other subjects they were considering that year, it was decided it looked too much like an A3 and was one of a number of ideas they dropped or postponed. This and many other 'lost' models are illustrated in my next book 'Hornby Railways 1972-1996' which goes to the publisher tomorrow.

Pat Hammond

Reply to
Pat Hammond