Bachmann OO-scale (updated) 2007 delivery schedule.

Bachmann OO-scale (updated) 2007 delivery schedule:

August 2007

30-041 DIGITAL STARTER SET 30-920 JUNIOR 0-6-0 STEAM GREEN LIVERY/LNER 31-855A J39 64897 BR BLACK E/EMBLEM 4200 GAL TENDER 32-000DC HALL CLASS 5927 'GUILD HALL' BR GREEN L/CREST(DCC ON BOARD) 32-040DS CLASS 20 DIESEL D8113 BR GREEN WITH DISC/TABLET CATCHER (DIGITAL SOUND) 32-042DC CLASS 20 DIESEL D8101 BR GREEN YELLOW ENDS 32-043DS CLASS 20 DIESEL 20129 BR BLUE WITH INDICATOR BOXES (DIGITAL SOUND) 32-381 CLASS 37/4 DIESEL 37411 EWS 'TY HAFAN' 32-382 CLASS 37/4 DIESEL 37410 BR BLUE/LARGE LOGO 'ALUMINIUM 100' 32-800 CLASS 47 DIESEL D1500 TWO TONE GREEN HALF YELLOW ENDS 4 DIGIT HEAD CODE 32-800DS CLASS 47 DIESEL 47404 BR BLUE MARKER LIGHT H/CODE (DCC SOUND) 32-801 CLASS 47 DIESEL 1764 TWO TONE GREEN FULL YELLOW ENDS 4 DIGIT HEAD CODE 32-802 CLASS 47 DIESEL 47035 BR BLUE FULL YELLOW ENDS DOMINO HEAD CODE 32-803 CLASS 47 DIESEL 47148 BR BLUE 4 DIGiT HEAD CODE( EX DOMINO TYPE) 32-826 IVATT CLASS 2MT 2-6-0 46440 BR LINED BLACK E/EMBLEM 32-827 IVATT CLASS 2MT 2-6-0 6404 LMS BLACK 37-158 8 PLANK WAGON BR GREY FIXED END 38-111 100 TON BOGIE TANK WAGON TEA BP GREEN 38-120 35 TON SLIDING DOOR BOX VAN VAA C/W VENTS RAILFREIGHT RED/GREY 38-121 35 TON SLIDING DOOR BOX VAN VAA C/W VENTS RAILFREIGHT MAROON 38-125 35 TON SLIDING DOOR BOX VAN VBA EWS 38-126 35 TON SLIDING DOOR BOX VAN VBA BAUXITE

September 2007

31-341 04 DIESEL SHUNTER 11222 BR BLACK E/EMBLEM 31-342 04 DIESEL SHUNTER D2264 BR GREEN L/CREST 31-865 J39 64838 BR BLACK L/CREST STEPPED 4200 GAL TENDER 32-876 FAIRBURN 2-6-4 TANK 42096 BR LINED BLACK E/EMBLEM 32-877 FAIRBURN 2-6-4 TANK 42073 BR LINED BLACK LATE CREST 37-032 5 PLANK STEEL FLOOR 'CONSTABLE HART' 37-059 5 PLANK WAGON WOOD FLOOR 'NATHANIAL ATRILL' 37-666A 14 TON TANK WAGONS 'ESSO' BLACK WEATHERED (SET OF 3) 37-853 104 TONNE GLW HTA BULK COAL HOPPER WAGON EWS 38-031 100 TONNE HHA BOGIE HOPPER WAGON 'FREIGHTLINER HEAVY HAUL' HINGED END DOOR 38-041 31 TONNE OBA OPEN WAGON 'RAILFREIGHT' 38-110 100 TON BOGIE TANK WAGON TEA SHELL GREY 38-112 100 TON BOGIE TANK WAGON TEA BP GREY 38-130 40 TON SEALION YGH BOGIE HOPPER WAGON OLIVE GREEN 38-131 40 TON SEACOW (EX-SEALION)YGB BOGIE HOPPER WAGON DEPARTMENTAL (DUTCH) 38-132 45 TON SEACOW (EX-SEALION) YGA BOGIE HOPPER WAGON EWS

October 2007

30-601 VIRGIN VOYAGER SET 3 CAR UNIT 30-625A VIRGIN VOYAGER EXTRA CAR. 31-711 B1 1189 'SIR WILLIAM GRAY' LNER APPLE GREEN 32-125DC 45XX PRAIRIE TANK 4507 BR LINED GREEN L/CREST (DCC ON BOARD) 32-129 45XX PRAIRIE TANK 4557 BR LINED BLACK E/EMBLEM 32-602 CLASS 220 VIRGIN VOYAGER 4 CAR UNIT 220018 'DORSET VOYAGER' 31-712 B1 61000 'SPRINGBOK' BR LINED BLACK E/EMBLEM

November 2007

32-300DC COLLETT GOODS 2244 BR LINED GREEN L/CREST CHURCHWARD TENDER (DCC ON BOARD) 32-585 IVATT CLASS 4 2-6-0 43106 WITH TABLET CATCHER L/CREST 32-586DC IVATT CLASS 4 2-6-0 43154 WITH TABLET CATCHER E/EMBLEM (DCC ON BOARD) 32-725DS CLASS 66 DIESEL 66022 'LAFARGE CHARNWOOD' EWS (DIGITAL SOUND) 32-726DS CLASS 66 DIESEL 66522 FREIGHTLINER SHANKS (DIGITAL SOUND) 32-733 CLASS 66 DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE 66068 EWS 33-830B 25 TON QUEEN MARY BRAKE VAN SOUTHERN 36-554 E-Z COMMARD 1 AMP 3 FUNCTION DCC DECODER WITH BACK EMF 21 PIN PLUG 37-605 46 TONNE VGA SLIDING WALL VAN RAILFREIGHT WITH GRAFFITI 38-085A 34 TONNE LIMPET ZKA OPEN BALLAST WAGON DEPARTMENTAL (DUTCH) 32-950 STANDARD CLASS 4MT 2-6-0 76053 BR BLACK BRIB TENDER E/EMBLEM 32-951 STANDARD CLASS 4MT 2-6-0 76069 BR BLACK BRIB TENDER L/CREST 32-952 STANDARD CLASS 4MT 2-6-0 76079 BR2 TENDER L/CREST 32-953DC STANDARD CLASS 4MT 2-6-0 76020 BR2B TENDER E/EMBLEM (DCC ON BOARD) 32-975 CLASS 66/9 DIESEL FREIGHTLINER 66952 32-976DC CLASS 66/9 DIESEL DRS 66412 (DCC ON BOARD) 32-977 CLASS 66/9 DIESEL DRS/STOBART RAIL 66411

December 2007

32-380DS CLASS 37/5 DIESEL 37698 RAILFREIGHT COAL SECTOR 'COEDBACH' (DCC SOUND) 32-775DC CLASS 37/0 DIESEL 37114 EW&S SPLIT H/CODE BOXES (DCC ON BOARD) 32-779 CLASS 37/0 DIESEL 37035 CIVIL ENGINEERS (DUTCH) CORNER INDICATOR BOXES 32-780 CLASS 37/0 DIESEL 37239 COAL SECTOR 'COAL MERCHANTS ASSOC' CENTRE HEAD CODE 32-781DS CLASS 37/0 DIESEL 37057 BR BLUE LARGE LOGO CORNER INDICATORS (DCC SOUND) 33-300E 20 TON TOAD BRAKE VAN GWR GREY BIRKENHEAD 37-225C 16 TON STEEL MINERAL WAGON BR GREY WITH TOP FLAP DOORS 37-250D 16 TON STEEL MINERAL WAGON GREY WITHOUT TOP FLAP DOORS 37-275C 27 TON STEEL TIPPLER WAGON BR GREY 'IRON ORE' 37-377B 16 TON PRESSED END DOOR STEEL MINERAL WAGON BR GREY 37-504 24 TON ORE WAGON 'MILLOM IRON WORKS' 37-581 45 TONNE TTA TANK WAGON UN-BRANDED (GAS OIL) BLACK 37-681 14 TON TANK WAGON WITH LARGE FILLER 'OLYMPIA OIL & CAKE CO' OXIDE 39-331 BR MK2 FK CORRIDOR FIRST INTERCITY 39-351 BR MK2 TSO OPEN SECOND INTER-CITY 39-381 BR MK2A BSO BRAKE OPEN SECOND INTERCITY
Reply to
John Turner

Seems bachmann are falling behind again, as usual...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

I work in an unrelated trade, but retail sales (apart from what goes through the big groups such as Tesco - and they don't sell railway items, thank God) are generally down this year and that may be why the schedule is behind.

If people are spending more in the supermarkets while they go there for their food, they may not be tempted to the occasional casual railway purchase if they are going into a proper shop less frequently.

Reply to
Brian Watson

It's probably due to the demise of the High Street, which are becoming just a location of standard issue chain stores and charity shops. Unless I need some guitar strings I never have cause to go into town, so (if there were one) I'd never pass a model shop, and therefore never make an impulse purchase, or even "I'll get that next week" purchase, as a result of browsing. Not that I could park anyway - it's seems having an Aldi on the car park and empty shops is more important to the council in Leek (who are now proposing a multi-storey car park to sove a problem that wouldn't exist if they actually bothered planning things, rather than "Planning", which seems to be an oxymoron for local councils).

If we had located in Leek in a shop, our rates bill alone would exceed our rent, power etc where we are, and, as above, customers would have struggled to park anyway (thus forcing them on-line). I'm so glad that we are in a position where being in-town doesn't matter (in fact it's a benefit), but I do feel for those who need to be in a shop - it must be practically impossible to keep going.

Just to avoid be classed as a negative winger, I do have a solution - a local sales tax instead of rates, not only fairer on businesses but pushes the issues of making the town attractive to shoppers frimly back on the council - no customers = no income, so councils would have to get out of their ivory towers and join the rest of us in the real world.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That would be unlikely round here anyway. There was nothing in a window which would tempt a casual visitor to go inside. The only clue that one shop (since closed) stocked model railways at all was a Hornby poster in the window. The other (Antics) dumped a handfull of Bachman coaches in the dullest livery imaginable on the floor just behind their window along with a motley collection of radio controlled toys. In both cases the model railway counter was buried deep inside the shop so only the most determined of buyers would bother going inside.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim wrote: The other (Antics) dumped a handful of Bachmann coaches in the

Ah, do you mean Chocolate & Cream or S.R. Green ;-)

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Well, I was more looking at the abscence of passing customers, but I do agree that railways are often not prominently displayed (though presuambly the shop keeper knows their market and displays the best sellers). When I do see a shop I usually go in but I'm invariably disappointed - the curse of the O gauge modeller!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Didn't they already do an early emblem one of these several years back? An LNER plain black one would be nice. The could even do some in LNER black with red lining and number on the tender for the collectors, or those daft enough to model pre-1928.

No. 1481 would be a good choice for the latter as it was painted with the lining in May 1928, just before lining was dropped for J39s. It wouldn't have been plain black until after its next repair starting in December 1929.

Nice that they're doing a different tender for this one, even if it's another BR liveried example. Flicking through the Yeadon's for the J39, I note there are a lot shown with ex-NER tenders.

LNER! Yay! Post-war class! Boo! ;-)

Unfortunately, my Dad's already got an early BR B1.

And that appears to be it for ex-LNER stuff. Loads for the GWR modeller, but nothing suitable for pre-war LNER modellers. Ho hum, I guess I'll have to do something else with my money...

TO THE KIT CAVE, DAD! :-Þ

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Any news of the BDA's John?

Reply to
Dave Potter

"Graham Thurlwell" wrote

They've already produced them in LNER lined and unlined black liveries. It may be a while ago but they're out there if you look hard enough.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Dave Potter" wrote

Only if they're on that list Dave.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

its more than that though, most model shops never seem to have the range of stuff anymore, they seem to be full of old stock they cant shift, and they cant shift it because its actually the stuff in abundance that no-one really wants, and week in week out actually very little seems to change.

Then generally all the stuff you do find your after they either sold out because they ordered in tiny small numbers (who they pre-sold to their chums), or they simply claim to cant ever get hold of, supplier problems etc.

frankly faced with that or ordering off an internet dealer where they seem to offer a vastly improved range of things, Ill order off the internet every time, it isnt even about a price difference anymore.

I mean its not just model shops either, an example I encountered today I wanted to buy some of those latest picture 1st class stamps from the local post office, they'd sold out, only ordered a few sheets in,and they couldnt get anymore in, yet I can go on the royal mail website now and order them in sheets of 50 at a time !?!?

Awavey

Reply to
awavey

urge to 'impulse buy' because of the limited production runs these days. I have learnt to buy rolling stock almost as soon as it is released, because items will sell out very quickly and then not become available again for many years (except at inflated eBay prices which I do not intend to pay). The Bachmann 16t coal wagons are a good example, as are the Esso weathered 14t tank wagons.

I scour the forthcoming releases for items that I want, and save up for those.

Also, I wish Bachmann would stop releasing named B1s. They were a very small proportion of the class, and it would be nice just to have a few more un-named versions.

Reply to
crazyhorse

Although not really relevant to 0 Gauge that I'm into these days, that was something I found irritating towards the end of my 00 days - I had a "thing" about the Hornby "Norstand" blue mineral wagons and decided on a rake of then (20 was the target - I had a PO siding and all set up for them) - I got 6 ok (I was skint at the time - working the

12" to the foot jobbie), but then despite being in the catalogue I couldn't get any more, it was disappointing to say the least - especially as the same thing had happened with 21T hoppers previously. I *still* automatically reach for them when I see them, before reality kicks in.

The problem these days is finding anything post-1970 BR on the shelf (except unpainted Bachmann Brassworks 08's which I can't afford!) in O gauge.

Sadly it's probably all down to demand though - I don't envy model shop owners, at least in my game I can have a reasonable stab at what customers are going to *need*, whereas in modeling I suspect customers are far more whimsical as little is actually *needed* as such. I find it very frustrating, but I do understand why.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"crazyhorse" wrote

I just wish they'd decided to re-tool and re-chassis the B1 (and J39, V1 & V2) instead of duplicating Hornby and doing the Scots and Jubilees.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Likewise the Class 40 diesels.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Me to, a B1 in one of the few non-lms locos i would buy immediately, esp as its so distinctive and a frequent visitor. But can be sure the day after I get one Bachmann will announce an upgrade.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon