Bachmann 2004 Catalogue (long list)

Just got a sneak look at a Bachmann 2004 Catalogue, 66100 adorns the front cover. Nice layout,much better than the Hornby catalogue this year, better photos etc. Lots of interesting things,

66 diesel, no model, photo of the real thing only. Same for 57 diesel The class 20 Model looks nice as does the weathered Maroon warship. Three x GWR 45xx tanks, two sloping tank versions, one "great western" and one GWR as well as another straight sided GWR 45xx. BR not left out, another straight sided green45xx plus a weathered black one and a slope sided BR black 45xx. Another new 56xx GWR New 08, my 3 year old son quickly pointing out the black one was "Devious Diesel"!! OH Well, a good excuse to get that one :-) New Weathered Crab Model and Black LMS version More photos of the Jinty Model! Apparently this is not far from theUK according to bachman. Shirtbutton GWR collet with Churchwood tender (The GWR are doing well this year!) plus a weathered BR black version. Weathering is prominent this year! Another std 4 tank, weathered More Photos of class 40, interestingly a split headcode version (D325) is listed as new for 04 Photos only of Ivatt class 4, booo. Another std 5, 75110 "The red knight" Photo only of the Hall, 3 versions. Model of the K3, looks nice. Photo only of the 37/0 Weathered BR Jubilee "Achilles", weathered J72. Another run of the Green Arrow V2, model looks good. Two weathered J39 locos, weathered B1 "Kudu", I said weathering was prominent! Weathered "Sir Nigel Gresley" BR Blue.

More weathering in the wagon department with the 102 ton steel carrier and

104 ton coal hopper getting done. New OBA wagons, models are in EWS Plasmor Blockfreight and railfreight liveries, none weathered!! HEA is weathered as is MEA, both list upgraded chassis. 100ton HHA in freightliner, presumably to go with the Freightliner 66 class? The southern /BRSR Van wagons look good.

Network S.E mk 1 SK,SO,BSK,FK,CK, models shown. Model of then RMB in Green, I`ll take two of each! Looks good. Model of the GUV. One model of the Mk 1 Pullman but no sign of working lights! Photos only of mk 2 coaching stock, but lots listed!

Its going to be an expensive shopping list, thank god bachmann never get it all out in the listed year!

Reply to
piemanlarger

I would settle for getting the B1 from the 2003 catalogue. When I took up model railways little did I know that you can never get anything from the catalogue.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

Certainly one for modellers of the latter GC scene.......

Spent most of it's BR life shuttling between Sheffield Vic and Marylebone.

IIRC, usually kept in 'cleanish' condition, as were it's 'soulmates' "Umseke" & "Dibatag". The trio all did stirling work during the 50's.

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
robert.pollard2

"Kevin Rayner" wrote

You could have got it - "Gazelle" was released and was available for some considerable time, but it's sold out now.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Why do the model manufacturers so poorly match supply to demand. My local dealer saw precious few of them.There doesn't seem to be any point of making anything if you don't make anything near enough. No doubt the Hornby Q1 will be out of production and I wont get one of those either.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

18 Gazelle's....... 'in stock' at Rails of Sheffield..........£49

Cheers Robt P

Reply to
robert.pollard2

I guess they should employ better clairvoyants.

Reply to
MartinS

or employ marketing people from other industries where they seem to know what they are doing.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

Perhaps they should just have their own factory....

Reply to
Jerry.

"Kevin Rayner" wrote

I'd have said supply of *Gazelle* was pretty much matched to demand. There was no problem in getting supplies whilst they were available. If your local dealer didn't get them, it's because he didn't order them.

There's a new B1 scheduled for 2004 - *Kudu* in BR weathered black.

We currently have all three versions of the Q1 in stock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

">

Call me old fashioned but I do like to patronise my local dealer, who is competitive and runs any loco bought up and down a test track. Having said that I will probably resort to the mail order or the internet especially as I believe that the new one is weathered. It just seems crazy that dealers, or my local one at least, doesn't know what he is getting or when particularly from Bachmann. Surely they can organise themselves better than this.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner