solating Track

I have a problem. I need to build / make a Isolating piece of track on a slight bend (therefore cannot use the standard hornby etc. item.

Im using 00 gauge mixture of Hornby and Peco track.

The Isolator needs to go on a Hornby R606.

ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
<jon

I have a problem. I need to build / make a Isolating piece of track on a slight bend (therefore cannot use the standard hornby etc. item.

Im using 00 gauge mixture of Hornby and Peco track.

The Isolator needs to go on a Hornby R606.

ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jon

Reply to
<jon

Best bet would be to cut a slot in one of the rails of any standard piece of straight or curved track (so fine with and R606) with a razor saw (so you end up with two short rails instead of one long one).

Then solder wires to each half and run them to a simple on/off switch so you can switch the power on or off as you require.

Simple job, shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Ian Bartlett