Help required to fix track problem

Hi there.

Wonder if anyone can advise on what I can do to get my simple layout depicted at

working properly.

I suspect a faulty point or two (the circuit on the right is built from old triang oo track, the section on the left from new modern oo track, there's a connector in between). The thing is it gets past the first point but I can't get it to run beyond the second point no matter which of the four possible settings I have the two points on. I would imagine that if I simply wire the known live section to the dead section, all would be OK. Problem is I don't know where I can get hold of suitable wired connectors (ie ones that will fit snuggly in the old track - the modern ones are too thin and fall out). I'm totally useless with fiddly things such as soldering so making my own is out of the question.

Can anyone come to my rescue?

Thanks.

(Remove dontspam from email address if replying directly).

Reply to
bluetreetop

"bluetreetop" wrote in news:pK17i.80797$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Here's some things to check:

  1. Is the track shorting at that point? Take a continuity meter (i.e. a multimeter on the diode or resistor side) and see if there's a connection between the two rails.
  2. Are you just not getting power there? Try running jumper wires temporarily from where the train runs to where it doesn't. If you've got wires with aligator clips, you can use them. If you don't, just hold them down with your hands.

If you find you aren't getting power there, you can run extra jumpers to the rails by removing the rail joiners and soldering pick up wires on the bottom. You don't have the problems of melting ties or "bumps" on the rails if you do this. (You also don't have the flexibility of adding extra drops where you need to without taking up track.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper