HO Engine Rubbers

Don't say it...:-)

I need 8 new wheel rubbers for my HO engine, the ones I have dried up and broke. Anyone know where I can get them? I can't find them on the net because I don't know what they are called. I'll pay someone if you just want to mail me some.

RSC

Reply to
RSC

"Traction tires"

Reply to
News

Tyres.

Reply to
Greg Procter

RSC wrote in news:1180396504.065522.171320 @m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

8? That's got to be some engine if there's enough pick ups with 8 wheels blocked. (Or are you talking about multiple engines here?) Traction tires are rubber and will keep electricity from getting to your motors, so make sure you only use them where you have to.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I think some LGB locomotives came with many of the wheels with traction tires, but the wheels are probably wide enough to accomodate both a section of current pickup and a narrow tire.

And in fact most of the time there is a groove on the wheel for the thing, so that you can only really add them where the original manufacturer intended them to go.

Reply to
gl4316

"Ohhhhhh!" rings?

Reply to
Steve Caple

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@69-30-8-13.pxd.easystreet.com:

LGB engines also are known for using skates to "clean" and pickup electicity from the rails. It's not so bad if you have your wheels blocked off...

I've encountered that a few times... It's rather annoying, as most my trains aren't long enough to prevent a locomotive from pulling them anyway. When one of those silly things breaks, I've got to find or buy another one...

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Search for 'traction tires' on Google. 'Calumet Trains' and 'Stewart Products' sell them. If you know the manufacturer of the engine try their web site. Mentioning your scale might have helped to.

You might even consider actually going to a hobby shop!

Reply to
Mountain Goat

...now, that's a novel idea! :)

Reply to
Whodunnit

Hobby shop? What's that?

But seriously folks. Thanks for the answers and yes it's for more then one engine. And yes, without the rubber, there is a deep groove, deep enough that the engine bottoms out and just spins.

RSC

Reply to
RSC

You need tyres in the grooves!

European models normally use tyres on driving wheels, but different manufacturers use different qualities. The softer ones with the best grip tend to be affected by oil. The harder ones give very little grip. Those from Marklin and from Roco are of good quality and come in a variety of sizes.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Hi,

I use a thermo-pipe ( an electric silicone insulator which contract on warming ). Persistent on oil. Buying in electronic shop.

AS

Reply to
AS

THAT'S IT! I CAN'T BELIVE IT. I just happend to have a piece of Thermo-pipe the exact size I needed and with a scissors and a candle, I just repaired the engine in about 6 min. Now I have enough for 10 more engines! That was the Best Idea!

Thanks AS !

RSC

Reply to
RSC

RSC spake thus:

AKA "heat shrink tubing", right?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

RSC spake thus:

Don't say what?

I was thinking of sitting you down and telling you the facts of life:

Now, you see, when a mommy locomitive and a daddy locomotive love each other very much, but they don't want to have a baby locomotive ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

...they do something else to "let off steam?"

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel