Attention all Hornby Collector Club members past and present !

Apparently it's now 10 years since Hornby started the collectors club so I thought I would have a go at pulling an article together for the magazine based on the free club loco's & wagons over the years.

The problem I have is that being a new member this year I only have two of the loco's, this years and that for 2004 the Class 06 0-4-0 Diesel Mechanical Shunter in Virgin livery.

Do any of you have digital photos of ANY of the models from the club you can send me, preferably on a layout ?

I have so far found very basic details of the following club loco's :-

2000 R2188 Barclay Diesel D2412

2001 R2245 BR 0-4-0T Industrial locomotive No 4 in Black livery

2004 R2375 Class 06 0-4-0 Diesel Mechanical Shunter in Virgin livery

2005 0-4-0 Southern No 7

2005 R2483 Class A1X 0-6-0 Terrier Tank Locomotive, No.41 Piccadilly in LBSC livery

2006 R2597 0-4-0 0F ST QUEEN ELIZABETH II in black livery No 80

2007 R2665 0-4-0T GWR No 328

If you are or were a club member please give years. I will add an acknowledgement to each photo.

Also, when a full list is available, photos of the actual loco's they are based upon with when & were they were taken, again I will add an acknowledgement to each photo.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Got R2361 CR 0-4-0ST Industrial locomotive No 270 in blue livery - fairly sure it was the one before the diesel so 2003. Will photo it later if no one else does (layout not yet photogenic).

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I think that was the Caledonian "Pug", they also did the R2150 in 'Millennium' livery which, from the photo I saw, was salmon pink ?

Don't worry about your layout "not being very photogenic yet" just put the Pug on a section of track with some type of scenery behind it.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

This is possibly a daft question, but what do you actually get for your membership fee, and is it worth it?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

You get a bi-monthly comic written for four-year-olds, a ficticious shunting locomotive and the opportunity to buy exclusive liveries at full retail price plus postage.

No

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The alternate view :-

Theres also NEW! The Collector Plus - two editions per year Shunting loco is great for kids and anyone that wants a simple body for a non fictitious shunter. Articles by Pat Hammond.

Used to get the chance to board the hornby roadshow vehicle - chance to meet the 'Great One' perhaps. So worth £22.00 - for me yes, but its a personal decision.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Its Hornby so of course it isn't worth it, daft question here really. On the other hand The Bachmann equivalent is superb value for money.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

So what do you get with Bachmann, then?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

A quarterly magazine with product updates, pictures of work-in-progress and articles on railway prototypes, a private owner wagon which alone is worth a bit more than the annual subscription, an exclusive enamel badge, the opportunity to buy some genuinely exclusive locos worth many times the annual subscription, a full product catalogue and an enormous railway calendar with oil paintings by Malcolm Root.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I now have a 'full' list of loco's :-

1997 R2049 BR Class 0F 0-4-0ST 1998 No loco 1999 R6090 Vee Tanker 2000 R2188 Barclay Diesel D2412 2001 R2245 BR 0-4-0T Industrial locomotive No 4 in Black livery 2002 R2304 GWR Holden 0-4-0T 2003 R2049 BR Class 0F 0-4-0ST 2004 R2375 Class 06 0-4-0 Diesel Mechanical Shunter in Virgin livery 2005 0-4-0 Southern No 7 2005 R2483 Class A1X 0-6-0 Terrier Tank Locomotive, No.41 Piccadilly in LBSC livery 2006 R2597 0-4-0 0F ST QUEEN ELIZABETH II in black livery No 80 2007 R2665 0-4-0T GWR No 328

So again do any of you have digital photos of ANY of the models from the club you can send me, preferably on a layout ?

If you are or were a club member please give years. I will add an acknowledgement to each photo.

Also photos of the actual loco's they are based upon with when & were they were taken, again I will add an acknowledgement to each photo.

Simon has already started the ball rolling with a photo on his layout of the R2361 CR 0-4-0ST Industrial ( 2003 ) locomotive

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart