Collectors Club Mag's Hornby vs Backmann

Our son and I are members of both the Hornby & Backmann collectorsn clubs.

Just got the Backmann issue and after sonny jim had looked through it he put it in the ;Dad's to read pile' next to the latest Hornby issue. I must say one stands out head and shoulders above the other :-

More content Better photo's More interesting features Better quality paper even !

Bachmann

OK you get a small loco with the Hornby club but as we have DCC it's fiddly to fit the chip. You do get a nice waggon with Backmann which get used more.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

"Dragon Heart" wrote

Just got my copy too (retailers get them free without being a club member) and I have to concur. The Hornby effort rarely has anything of interest and is very shallow in its approach, whereas I always find something worth looking at in the Bachmann publication.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

As a freebie it's not bad but there hasn't been anything in it I consider worth paying-for for more than a year now. Except for the occasional guest article it's still just a brochure for the manufacturer's own products and a bunch of overpriced "special editions".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Why does the James May loco have a pink ribbon ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Why shouldn't it?

Reply to