Re: Frustrating club members!!

having followed serious injury claims, it is impossible to prove that someone else out of sight caused your plane to crash, as opposed to your own negligence.

You could prove it if there was a scanner working, but you are basically more negligent if you see any activity on your channel, and fly anyway.

basically, the guy that flies the plane that causes the injury is the one that will get out his checkbook. A post mortem on the plane will never reveal a "shoot down", as opposed to all the other possible failure modes

Ziggy, > > Others have made interesting observations about your post, but no one > pointed out that YOU would be liable if someone got hurt at that club down > the street and it could be proven that YOUR actions caused the injury. > Actually it might even be worse than simple liability. There might also > be criminal proceedings if you had been warned that independent action might > result in troubles like that. I don't know, my degree is not in law but my > lawyers have been pretty specific when telling me what I can and cannot do > and stay out of jail. The lawsuits are an entirely different issue. > > Enjoy the thought about the priceless look on the prosecuters face when > presented with factual evidence that you had been told of the dangers YOU > were creating in any serious injury (or worse) case. > > Just a friendly thought from a concerned citizen. > > > Jim Branaum > AMA 1428 > > Six_O'clock_High > Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com > > > > . > > I really enjoy being a 'park flyer'. When some old PITA shows up and say's > > "You can't fly here because there's a club down the street" and my > response > > is "Go f*ck yourself". > > > > The look on their face is priceless. > > > > > > > As I have learned with some of the threads on this group, it is not wise > > to > > > argue with an idiot. Non-idiots can't tell the difference. Trying to > save > > > someone from himself is a no-win proposition. Our resident PITA is > highly > > > opinionated and stubborn as a Missouri mule. A few of us were tallying > up > > > how many people he has chased away from the club in the past ten years > or > > > so, the number was substantial. The only bright spot is he is now in his > > mid > > > 70's and has mellowed out some. We have a couple of guys who fly IMAC > and > > > were approached to host an IMAC event. The PITA exploded: > > > PITA: "No way do I want to give up a weekend of flying for an IMAC > event" > > > Me: "You are retired, live within spitting distance of the field and can > > fly > > > whenever you want" > > > PITA: "Right!" > > > Me: "So, if the club can get the benefit of the PR from this as well as > > the > > > money it brings in, and it really doesn't affect you, what's the > problem?" > > > PITA: "No way do I want to give up a weekend of flying for an IMAC > event" > > > Being that it was circular in nature, the argument ended there. The IMAC > > > proposal was brought up at the meeting and passed with only one nay > vote. > > > I wonder if there would be any way clubs could exchange PITA's? That > way, > > > they would appreciate their PITA and be able to laugh at everyone > else's. > > > ;>) > > > Bill > > > > > > > > > > Greetings, > > > > This is nothing but a rant, so switch off now if you'd > > > rather > > > > not listen....... > > > > > > > > > > > > We have a member at our club, who is your veritable pain in the > > > > arse......he's old, retired, broke and *highly* opinionated. > > > Unfortunately, > > > > this means that when he gets an idea in his head, he's got loads of > time > > > to > > > > think about it, not enough money to *do* anything about it, but plenty > > of > > > > mouth to tell everyone else about it, irrespective of whether he's > > > > completely wrong or not :-( I'm the secretary/treasurer of our club, > by > > > the > > > > way. > > > > > > > > On Sunday morning, I somehow became involved in a massive argument > with > > > him > > > > re the usefulness of our federal governing body (MAAA), our state > > > governing > > > > body (MAAQ) and various other subjects from insurance to christ knows > > what > > > > else. It began by him saying "I'm going to the regional MAAQ meeting > on > > > > Saturday night and I've got a few things to say. Now, correct me if > I'm > > > > wrong, but......" I don't know why I do it......I should just > disengage > > > > myself from the conversation and go fly, but somehow I always manage > to > > be > > > > arguing with this clown when it's time to go home and I still haven't > > had > > > a > > > > single flight. Honestly, arguing with him is like picking up a > > > > tar-baby.....before you realise what's going on, you're totally > tangled. > > > > So, anyway, the argument rages for about an hour, at which point I > tell > > > him > > > > I think he's full of shit, I think he'll get laughed at if he gets up > at > > > the > > > > meeting and says what he's just been arguing with me about for the > last > > > > hour, and I go have a flight. > > > > > > > > Then today, I get an email from the secretary of the MAAQ, telling me > > that > > > > this guy has contacted the MAAQ president and has raised formal > concerns > > > > about the running of our club (the fact that we have a hard time > getting > > > ppl > > > > to fill committee positions apparently). He also indicated his > > intention > > > to > > > > bring this up too at the meeting on Saturday night, a forum which is > > > > *totally* unsuitable for that sort of thing. The worst thing is, I > > can't > > > > have a go at him about it, because then he'll know that the MAAQ guys > > > > contacted me to find out what was really going on with the club, > before > > > they > > > > phoned him back and told him to piss off (not in so few words, of > > course). > > > > > > > > I don't know what it is about these people.......why can't they just > > turn > > > > up, have a fly, have an amiable chat and go home?? > > > > > > > > > > > > MrBonk > > > >

Matthew Orme