Sorry All, Post should have read, What is your favourite MODEL locomotive? and why?

My apologies to all who replied to my previous question, and whilst being very interested in the answers I really meant "Which is your favourite model
locomotive and why"?
I realise that it was the way that I phrased the question that led to the question being taken in the wrong way, but as this is a model rail newsgroup I was a bit surprised at the number of replies that were peoples preferences of the prototype.
Regards, Eddie.

Answer: STILL the Gresley V2 Green Arrow!
I have a Certified Limited Edition Model of it by Bachmann / Branch Line, in a wooden display box.
While it does, in my opinion, 'feel' a bit cheap, having a light, plastic body, it does look good! Perhaps I have been spoilt by owning two old 'OO' engines with heavy metal-cast bodies.
There are only 1000 world-wide, so it is something to treasure for future generations.
David.

being
favourite model

I would suspect the answers will be much the same!...
--
Regards, Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.

Oh I don't know. I first went for a Rebuilt Hughes 4-6-0, now we're on about actual models I have to say I'm quite partial to the Bachmann Class 20.
To my mind the prototype is one of the few of those diesel thingies that has any real character. I know that the Bachmann rendition has a few clumsy errors but it nevertheless appears - at least to me to have captured the essence of the real thing. I've got two - both "all green" (no warning panels) and both with headcode disks ... together in terms of running qualities they are the best RTR I've ever come across.
--
All the best,

Chris Wilson
Probabley for me the favorite is the new hornby 08 in blue, great detail fantastic runner etc p.s. got some in my shop for sale model depot leeds http://www.modeldepot.co.uk
apologies to all who replied to my previous question, and whilst being <BR>very interested in the answers I really meant "Which is your favourite model <BR>locomotive and why"?<BR><BR>I realise that it was the way that I phrased the question that led to the <BR>question being taken in the wrong way, but as this is a model rail newsgroup <BR>I was a bit surprised at the number of replies that were peoples preferences <BR>of the prototype.<BR><BR>Regards, Eddie. <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Still the Std class 4mt at the top of my list. 2nd, a cast model of no.246 Morayshire 3rd, a repainted and detailed lima deltic "Crepello", the real thing I was once given a chance to drive! Badger.
"Edward Bray" wrote

Bachmann Standard Class 5 4-6-0 - simply because it just looks so very right. I might reconsider when I've had the chance to examine a BR liveried version of the new Ivatt 4MT.
Others I rate highly:-
Hornby Fowler 2-6-4T Bachmann Standard 2-6-4T Bachmann Crab 2-6-0 Bachmann Jinty 0-6-0T Bachmann K3 2-6-0 Bachmann WD 2-8-0 Hornby 08 0-6-0 diesel Hornby A3 4-6-2 (just spoilt for me by the loco to tender coupling) same comment applies to their latest A4 model.
John.

Those are all examples of "good" models. There has to be a model which you like for no particular reason, a tinplate Hornby maybe?
(kim)
<snip>

which you

Well if we're getting into sentimentalism, it's got to be the Tri-ang 'Polly' 0-4-0T !
Seriously though, if it's down memory lane, then it's got to be the old HD BR Standard 2-6-4MT.
--
Regards, Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.

In that case, it would have to be a Triang Hornby "Winston Churchill" I used to love that one, pride of my fleet as a lad!! Then came the dreaded rocknrollasaurus................
"kim" wrote

OK, in terms of Hornby tinplate it has to be the 'Zulu' and No 0 2710 0-4-0s & tender and the M1 2526 0-4-0 & tender. These are nothing but pure toy trains and early examples too, but I love their lack of pretension and simple honesty.
I've also got a rare mid-20s Midland Railway liveried M No 3 0-4-0 for which I've got a particular soft spot.
John.
Well if not new models but any thing goes maybe the old princess royal or a nellie, or even maybe a APT ( although is theAPT a loco or emu ? ) Kindest Regards Simon Judd Model Depot 317 Hunslet Road Hunslet Leeds LS10 1NJ http://www.tinytoy.co.uk http://www.modeldepot.co.uk
"Edward Bray"&nbsp; wrote<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; My apologies to all who replied to my previous question, and whilst being <BR>&gt;&gt; very interested in the answers I really meant "Which is your favourite <BR>&gt;&gt; model locomotive and why"?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Bachmann Standard Class 5 4-6-0 - simply because it just looks so very <BR>&gt; right.&nbsp; I might reconsider when I've had the chance to examine a BR <BR>&gt; liveried version of the new Ivatt 4MT.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Others I rate highly:-<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Hornby Fowler 2-6-4T<BR>&gt; Bachmann Standard 2-6-4T<BR>&gt; Bachmann Crab 2-6-0<BR>&gt; Bachmann Jinty 0-6-0T<BR>&gt; Bachmann K3 2-6-0<BR>&gt; Bachmann WD 2-8-0<BR>&gt; Hornby 08 0-6-0 diesel<BR>&gt; Hornby A3 4-6-2 (just spoilt for me by the loco to tender coupling) same <BR>&gt; comment applies to their latest A4 model.<BR><BR>Those are all examples of "good" models. There has to be a model which you <BR>like for no particular reason, a tinplate Hornby maybe?<BR><BR>(kim) <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Current favourites:
New Hornby 08 Heljan 35 Bachmann 66
--
*** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ ***
Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk)

Bachamnn class 37/4!!
Why? its alive with one of the superb South west Digital sound Chips. Any model running now with no sound does not seem right.

My answer changes, in that I have two favourites at the moment:
Bachmann 56XX/66XX class: these small locos have great pulling power; they will pull 45 wagons up the 1 in 78 incline on my layout.
Life-Like Proto 2000 USRA light 2-8-8-2 with DCC and sound. This has 24-wheel pickup (16 on the loco and 8 on the tender) and 16-wheel drive. It is a wonderful loco for testing: things have to be _really_ dirty for it not to pick up current; running light it will start on speed setting 1 and crawl along the level or downhill at 2 m.p.h. or so. (As an aside, I got it to pull 100 UK wagons around the layout with no problems; see my web pages for the pictures.) However, the best thing when using it for testing the layout is the sound, which gives you an audible indication of whether electricity is getting through to the loco. Running it around the layout will immediately tell me if I need to inspect/replace my wiring (usually the bonding across the joints or the droppers to the bus), whereas other locos such as the 56XX will stop and you don't know whether it's dirty track/wheels or faulty connections.
--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

i.e. you spend all your money on beer.

--
Jane
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
Yep, and if I spent less I would probably have a full length Eurostar set by now!
HST's friend wrote:

Nice, aren't they? Shows you what *proper* N gauge stock should be like. Well, apart from the lack of availability, and the rather high price they fetch...
... which is incompatible with student life. As I found out when I bought one. As a student.
Now, if only they would do an APT-P set to the same quality. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Are they made from the TPM 60 kit? That builds up into a nice loco. Not a good kit for a beginner though - I've built the chassis (which runs almost as well as the eurostar), but I daren't touch the body for fear of wrecking it...
James Moody
--
aka: Major Denis Bloodnok | (\
ICQ: 7000473 | \ \ /)