Sorry All, Post should have read, What is your favourite MODEL locomotive? and why?

In message , kim writes

Which girls' school did the Tri-ang A1A-A1A run past?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Those are all examples of "good" models. There has to be a model which you like for no particular reason, a tinplate Hornby maybe?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Well if we're getting into sentimentalism, it's got to be the Tri-ang 'Polly' 0-4-0T !

Seriously though, if it's down memory lane, then it's got to be the old HD BR Standard 2-6-4MT.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"kim" wrote

OK, in terms of Hornby tinplate it has to be the 'Zulu' and No 0 2710 0-4-0s & tender and the M1 2526 0-4-0 & tender. These are nothing but pure toy trains and early examples too, but I love their lack of pretension and simple honesty.

I've also got a rare mid-20s Midland Railway liveried M No 3 0-4-0 for which I've got a particular soft spot.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In that case, it would have to be a Triang Hornby "Winston Churchill" I used to love that one, pride of my fleet as a lad!! Then came the dreaded rocknrollasaurus................

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Well if not new models but any thing goes maybe the old princess royal or a nellie, or even maybe a APT ( although is theAPT a loco or emu ? ) Kindest Regards Simon Judd Model Depot

Those are all examples of "good" models. There has to be a model which you like for no particular reason, a tinplate Hornby maybe?

(kim)

Reply to
Simon

I'm glad you gave me a second chance to respond. Right now it is without a doubt the Austrains CLP. Clyde model AT26HC-2M Prototype:

Model:
The 59 class would be a close runner-up if there was a model of it in HO scale. I don't model Australian railways, but I am going to have at least a pair of these machines. I don't have any models of EMD NA locomotives, but the Australian and British stuff is "different".

Reply to
66class