What are your favourite machines/controls?

I prefer Toshiba with their own control. They built some pretty strong bor ing mills in the past. The controls are pretty user friendly. Others almo st as good are Fanuc and Mitsubishi. I didn't like the older Cincinnati co ntrols. I'm not too fond of the newer ones either. Heidenhain: You can get pretty deep with these controls, but I'd rather no t. I'm not a fan. Some people praise them.

Reply to
T Rex PhD

To date I rather like the Mitsubishi control. Also liked Anilam Crusader controls. Haas is ok. Personally not all that excited with fill in the variable type controls. I've always found it quicker to just write the code than fill in the blanks on canned programs

Reply to
Just Me

The ones I use most.

Reply to
Steve Walker

oring mills in the past. The controls are pretty user friendly. Others al most as good are Fanuc and Mitsubishi. I didn't like the older Cincinnati controls. I'm not too fond of the newer ones either.

A while back, thinking about all the machine tools I've use, I made a list.

CNC machine experience: G-code & Conversational controls, Cincinnati, Brid geport EZ-trak&DX 32, Proto Trak, Fanuc, MoriSeki, Okuma, Matsuura, Mazak g

-code lathe, Mitsubishi, Hurco, Heidenhien, Tree Dynapath, Haas, Roters, Fa del, Makino,

Alot of these are Fanuc or variations of.

But hands down Hurco- easy to use, Conversational with DXF import, swept su rf,& 3d mold options cant be beat for on the floor background programming. The machine tool........... well........ its a Volkswagen.

2nd would be Heidenhien. Those controls were & still are way ahead of every one. It has its own macro language call Q programming. Simialr to Fanuc mac ro. Hedi's are usually put on "high end" machine tools that need 5ax simultaneo us cutting.

~g~

Reply to
gil.pawl

A while back, thinking about all the machine tools I've use, I made a list.

CNC machine experience: G-code & Conversational controls, Cincinnati, Bridgeport EZ-trak&DX 32, Proto Trak, Fanuc, MoriSeki, Okuma, Matsuura, Mazak g-code lathe, Mitsubishi, Hurco, Heidenhien, Tree Dynapath, Haas, Roters, Fadel, Makino,

Alot of these are Fanuc or variations of.

But hands down Hurco- easy to use, Conversational with DXF import, swept surf,& 3d mold options cant be beat for on the floor background programming. The machine tool........... well........ its a Volkswagen.

2nd would be Heidenhien. Those controls were & still are way ahead of everyone. It has its own macro language call Q programming. Simialr to Fanuc macro. Hedi's are usually put on "high end" machine tools that need 5ax simultaneous cutting. ********* I made a list too.... "Its all the same shit"

Bottom line is very few get to pick and choose, most have to embrace what they have, pretend its the best just like the chick they got pregnant, and defend it to the death.

in the meantime we can dream about the hot chick with giant t*ts nextdoor (bostomatic).

Reply to
vinny