Re: Read all about model hobbies

I didn't see anything about airplanes. I think that is what this newsgroup is about right? "rec.models.rc.air"

Good day everybody. > Are you interested in radio control models? Then > visit:
On this site you will find a lot of information, tips and ways > to set-up your radio control vehicle. > You are also free to subscribe to my monthly newsletter and I > will inform you of new information I added on the site. Just > go to
complete the > subscription form and submit it. > You are also welcome to give me any feedback about the site. > Complete the eMail form on >
send it to me and I will > get back to you. > All and all, this is the site where you want to be. >
> Have a nice 2006. > > Wolfie > > > --- > MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060107091129G3q3OkB2 > >
Reply to
Tail_Spin

He pretty much spammed most of the NG's I read. Dont see anything about soaring either.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Hell, he doesn't know diddly about land vehix either. Read this:

230* as the max temperature when racing? Bwahahahahahaha! I've been running and racing nitro land vehix for some time and have never owned a motor that even idled at that temperature. Normal, healthy operating temps for a run-of-the-mill motor are between 250*-280* with the 7-port racing motors easily exceeding 300*. I have one motor now that isn't happy unless it's running +280*; on long mains it'll easily hit 310*. After 7 gallons of fuel I haven't lost a single psi of compression running at those temps.

I know engine temp isn't a big issue with airplanes due to propwash, but with land vehix engine temp is crucial per way of tuning and engine life.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Hey Doc, do you get a free fring pan with that engine when you buy it ? lmao. Hey if it works, drive/fly/beat the shit out of it and have fun, lol. Hell whats an engine worth these days? The average guy probably spends more on fuel per year than an engine is worth.

Hey check out this video, 200 mph with a fuel powered model car

Tail_Spin

No frying pan but my last motor came with a dozen eggs and some bacon! Your average big block motor (.21-.28) for a Monster/Truggy/Buggy runs around $150. The high perf motors (7-port racers, Italian motors, .32 mills) will run $200-$300.

What most folks don't realize is that land mills are much more powerful than airplane motors. Your average .25 airplane motor is around 1.0 HP @ 15,000 RPM. I have a .25 right now that is 2.5 HP @ 37,000 RPM and a .26 rated

2.75HP @ 36,000 RPM. With that amount of compression and RPM they're gunna run a wee bit hotter than 230*.

I run O'Donnels 20%, and at $24.99 a gallon, I spent around $249.99 in fuel last year, so you're right, more $$$ in fuel than in the motor!

That vid is crazy! There's another one floating around on the net of a modified 1/10 touring car hitting 120mph, tested on an airfield runway.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"