Bachmann new for 2004

Bachmann have updated their website with what's new for 2004

John Sullivan
32-775 Class 37/0 Diesel BR Blue Split Head Code 37038

YES! eventually, also class 66 and confirmation of Thunderbirds, its going to be an expensive year for me.

Reply to
ViP

Well, there's some stuff there I will be getting, but why oh why must the late logo BR stuff that I would like always end up FACTORY WEATHERED!!!!!!!

04 shunter, BR green, WEATHERED! Urgh. Class 20's, in Blue with discs / headcode boxes, good GW 4575 tanks, unfortunately, not in late logo BR Green, not good. LNE K3 Lined Black Late Crest (apparently NOT WEATHERED! Yippee!) Class 40's, but not in Blue with indicator boxes, not good. LMS Ivatt Class 4 BR Black Late Crest (NOT WEATHERED! good) SR Queen Mary brake van once again released in BR Bauxite, good SR Green RMB, good. Mk 1 Pullmans, good Mk2/2a coaches in Blue/Grey and Intercity, good

Please note: if all that Bachmann promise for 2004, regardless of what they are, come out, then I believe that is a good thing for the British modelling scene, regardless of my comments above (ie, good vs not good).

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

What / is / intriguing are the Pullmans...

39-280 BR Mk1 FK Pullman Kitchen 39-290 BR Mk1 FP Pullman First 39-300 BR Mk1 SK Pullman Kitchen Second 39-310 BR Mk1 SP Pullman Parlour Second 39-320 BR Mk1 BSP Pullman Bar Second

Harrogate / Tees-Tyne Pullmans perhaps :~)

What chance of the Silver-grey / blue livery, I won't hold my breath seeing that they still don't seem to be listing any non TOPS Rail Blue loco's (other than BR W Hydraulics).....

Reply to
Jerry.

Hmmm I foresee an expensive year for me:

EWS 66, split-headcode 37s, NSE Mk1s and Mk2as - looks like I can justify buying a Hornby NSE 50 too. Yes, I know there's a few different eras in there, but how can I resist? ;)

Woohoo! Mk1 GUVs! :-D

Looks like some good releases on the way - more to excited over than Hornby's

2004 releases.

Digital starter sets? Intriguing! Track too - wonder if it'll be Code 75 or

100.

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

What / is / intriguing are the Pullmans...

Lets hope they get the couplings right....

Rob

Reply to
Rob

It certainly is going to be an expensive year....

My shopping list is looking like this so far for the year ahead....

Bachmann 37/0 Blue split box Bachmann 37/0 Blue centre box Bachmann 40 Blue Bachmann 20 Blue discs Bachmann 20 Blue box Hornby 31 Blue Hornby 31 RF Heljan 47 LLB Heljan 47 Blue

And that's just the new stuff, there are still some locos flating around now that I still want, Bachmann's 25 and a few of the various liveried 47's Heljan have done.

..I hope Heljan don't release their 26 or 27 this year otherwise I think I will have start flogging random things around the house on ebay!!!!

Things do seem to be picking up lately especially for those of us modelling the 1980's. There is the usually debate about accuracy, (and I can see both sides of the argument) but as far as I am concerned, as long as the Bachmann/Heljan model look and run better than the Lima ones then that will do me for now.

The track on the Bachmann list seems quite expensive to me. I wonder if they are filling the concrete sleeper void as Peco only do streamline straights and not points. It will certainly be interesting to see what exactly it is.

Reply to
Meadowgreen-TMD

"Meadowgreen-TMD @meadowgreen-tmd.co.uk>" It certainly is going to be an expensive year....

Ah, I forgot the Hornby 31s too! One blue one for me, and another one of any colour that will be a donor for a Network Rail yellow loco. And a pair of

20s. Looks like I'll have to make a list of which internal organs I can sell to raise the cash...!

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Nice to see they have included everything that didn't appear in 2003 as opposed to last years new ignoring everything that hadn't ome out in 2002. On the other hand a number of the 2004 New items have alrerady appeared - eg 220 train set, 37/4, 37/5, 4566 and the coaching list seems a bit screwed up - Mk2s, Colletts duplicated.

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes

"Meadowgreen-TMD @meadowgreen-tmd.co.uk>"

Err when did BR start using concrete sleepers below their turnouts ?....

Reply to
Jerry.

Now you know that's something I had never taken notice off, turnouts and what they lay on. The simplist things you take for granted! After looking through a load of phots I see now. Well, there's nothing like getting it wrong on a worldwide forum :-)

Reply to
Meadowgreen-TMD

Just in the last three or four years in any quantity. Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove
Reply to
Brian Williams

Thomas The Tank Engine, Harry Potter, Thunderbirds ... X-Files next?

:-)

See, the plot is that you wonder what strange force causes the trains to derail on radius 1 turnouts.

-- Brian "Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."

Reply to
Brian Watson

Is that the only service on which they were used?

-- Brian "Let's be grateful for our Fridays and face our Mondays with good humour."

Reply to
Brian Watson

Is the track tamper model new? Every modern image layout should have one parked in a siding somewhere. To be prototypical, it should never be *seen* to move, but appear in a different siding every so often as if by magic....

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Unless its modelled at12.45 am on a sunday morning, there is one regular working past the bottom of my Garden at this time almost every weekend. Its like something out of close encounters!

but appear in a different siding every so often as if by magic....

Reply to
piemanlarger

Britannia Models do a tamper that looks the business, but at somewhere in the region of £260 for an RTR version it's somewhat out of my price range :(

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

That's nothing ;) Try a Loram Rail Grinder at 2am - all 7 vehicles of it, lit up like a mobile Christmas tree! :D

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Can I correct this. BR first installed concrete bearers (correct term for 'sleepers' under turnouts) with Switch & Crossings in 1970 as a trial in two locations, one layout on the ECML and one on the GWML.

Further development work was undertaken and concrete bearers were reintroduced between 1979-80. They have been installed as the preferred solution on main routes from 1985 onwards.

Daniel.

Reply to
Daniel Pearson