Bachmann 2006

All the proposed new releases from Bachmann for 2006 are now showing on their

and include

LMS Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 (as predicted) BR Standard 4MT 2-6-0 Class 150/2 dmu Class 47s

100T tank wagon

and digital sound versions of diesel classes

20, 25/3, 47, 55 & 66.
Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Missed this Other new wagons include the Limpet, Sealion (Seacow) used on engineering trains, VAA and VBA vans (not illustrated)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not being highly knowledgable about the current scene, are these 150's the same model as the 150's which are operated by Wessex down here in Devon & Cornwall?

Does this mean they will come ready chipped for regular DCC? I am not that interested in sound, but digital control, yes.

Reply to
John Ruddy

You forgot " rusty" the shunter, John ;-)....I see the Bulleid coaches are back, although they don't look to have been upgraded in any way, judging by the photo. Just as well with the flippin things going for 30 quid on eBay :-/.

Looks like us Southern region modellers will have something 'new' to hang behind all those nice King Arthurs and rebuilt WCs.

Given their current backlog of work I doubt if we'll see all this new stuff in the 12-18 month timeframe quoted.

Reply to
airsmoothed
2006/07 catalogue only £4.50 too, i`ll have two save buying one next year! Personally, the for me range looks like a very expensive year or two ahead!!!
Reply to
Piemanlarger

Yes

I would have thought so ..?

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

showing on

Predictable pandering to BR(M) and the modern image modeller....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

If these are 150/2's, are there 150/1's, and where do they operate and what are the differences?

The problem being that there is a cost to adding the sound.

Reply to
John Ruddy

":::Jerry::::" wrote

LOL - I'd have said pandering the the BR modeller as both the Ivatts and the BR 4MT 2-6-0s saw much widespread use.

The 150 dmu is a real bonus for the modern(ish) image modellers as are the newly announced items of rolling stock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

150/2 have end corridor connections, 150/1 don't. For completeness there's also the two 150/0 units, which have different driver's-door arrangements, are three-car sets and also have no end corridor connections.
Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

I'm sure Bachmann and Hornby and Heljan are trying to bankrupt me this year and next!!!!

I'll be up for the 4MT Mogul, the 150/2, and more Bulleid coaches, and the

100T tank wagons, and the 47s...

An embarrassment of riches! It seems all the manufacturers are making many locos and stuff for BR(S) Wessex region!

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

The 150/1s don't have the corridor connections, and they usually work in the West Midlands (with Central), and north-west, occasionally straying to the north-east (with Northern).

Reply to
Rich Mackin

In message , Ian J. writes

Me too. Since they are not producing an EMU, I have had to resort to ordering one from Britannia Pacific, at a higher price than I would have to pay Bachmann or Hornby.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Disappointing that there are no new livery/name variations for the Halls. Does anyone know if these are selling well or badly? I see that the GW version doesn't appear to be listed as a current model on the Bachmann website.

Reply to
John Nuttall

Just how we like it, Jerry!

;o)

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

I spent most of today trekking around The Toy Fair. Bachmann had a pre-production moulding of "Rusty" in unpainted grey plastic (or resin?) on display, it actually looked much more convincing than the catalogue picture. The engine cover is more angular and it would pass for a convincing industrial shunter. The model was unlabelled in one of the display cabinets, until I got my hands on the catalogue it wasn't obvious that it was one of the junior models, uncut windows notwithstanding. The sound chips sounded very plausible to my ear, but in all honesty one diesel sounds much like another to me.... Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

I bet Hornby now exhumes its own Ivatt 2-6-0 from the grave and Simon Kohler tells us there's a big demand for it as it can negotiate 1st radius curves.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

There's no danger of that with me. Received an e-mail tonight informing me I've won 2,000,000 euros in a lottery. What's amazing is that I didn't even buy a ticket. Left a message on the boss' answering machine telling him where he can shove his job. Boy, is he going to be sorry in the morning.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

And of course it will be as it was in 1256AD. or wenever it was launched, joining the Lord of the isles with no detail what so ever as thats what we like!!!!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

informing me

didn't even

morning.

I hope you just forgot to add the smiley?.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::