Bachmann 2004

The latest edition of the Bachmann Collectors Club magazine confirms that forthcoming new steam locos will be LNER K3 2-6-0, LMS/BR Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0, and GWR 68xx Grange 4-6-0. Two further new releases will be announced in March 2004.

David

Reply to
gwr4090

The Ivatt would be interesting - but am I the only one who would like a BR standard 3MT 2-6-2? Are the other 2 new releases going to be steam or modern image?

Reply to
John Ruddy

A BR 3MT tank would suit my SW Wales modelling project too, even if they were unpopular in this area and didn't last more than 3 months at 87G/87H before being despatched off to 83B.

The two new releases to be announced in March will also be steam.

David

Reply to
gwr4090

It must be the silly season once again. Are these the releases for 2005 ?, I think Bachmann should drop the idea of announcing projected release dates. By all means announce the intent to produce a model. That way they would be less pressured, and might get things right with the first release. No I'm not knocking Bachmann, but their release dates are consistantly broken.

Reply to
Richie

Just to clarify, Bachmann have NOT announced any projected release dates. They have merey identified what new products are in the pipeline. In fact the original article states quite specifically that production schedules have not yet been announced for the three locos above.

David

Reply to
gwr4090

John Ruddy

This can be converted quite readily from the Bachmann Ivatt 2-6-2. Simply build up the footplate from plastikard. Then remove the LMS fittings and replace with BR Standard ones. Comet, Alan Gibson and Steamline produce suitable components. A couple of evenings work should give you a nice model which looks very nice sat next to the original.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Are you sure? I havnt got the drawings to hand, but that sounds more like the conversion from the Bachman Ivatt 2MT to the BR standard 2MT. The 3MT was actually based on GW practice, rather than LMS.

Reply to
John Ruddy

John Ruddy

Oh bum! You are of course quite right! I keep getting confused between all these flippin' prairies! The Ivatt to BR Std conversion is quite easy - I know 'cos I've done it. I've just had a look a couple of plans. The 3MT

2-6-2 could *possibly* be converted from the Bachmann 2-6-4 4MT, but it would be quite an involved conversion.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

In article , John Ruddy writes

I am not sure where this 3MT comes from but what Bachmann have said they are working on is a 4MT Mogul. What they call a Mucky Duck.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond

Yeah, the 3MT was a bit of a strange one, only 45 were made, and they were a Swindon design (I think the only Standard designed and built there?) whereas most of the others were Midland designs (the Standard

2MT 2-6-2 and 2-6-0, the 4MT 2-6-0 and 4MT 4-6-0 and 5MT 4-6-0 were just the LMS engines with standard fittings and some cosmetic changes).

Bachmann are bringing out the 4MT 2-6-0, and seem to be calling it a "Mucky Duck" - but wernt they nicknamed "Ugly Ducklings" and "Doodlebugs" ? Or was that the 2MT 2-6-0? (Anyone remember the old Hornby Model of that?)

Reply to
John Ruddy

Bachmann have been referring to them both as 'Mucky Ducks' and 'Ugly Ducklings' and say that they had different names in different parts of the country.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Hammond

Is the chassis for the LMS 4MT 2-6-0 compatible with the BR Standard 4MT

2-6-0? I wonder because if it is, then maybe the Standard could be on Bachmann's list for future production?

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

I am surprised that Bachmann havnt already produced the Standard version of the Ivatt 2-6-2 - or indeed the 2-6-0 version. They already have a suitable tender, and the chassis can be used from the Ivatt.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

The 4MT 2-6-0 were always referred to as *Mucky Ducks* when I was a lad, whilst the smaller 2-6-0 was known as a *Mickey Mouse* - both allegedly of course - in reality we called them both Ivatt 2-6-0s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner