bachmann 2005

Is it at the crystal palace show (i think) this weekend Bachamnn announce their 2005 range, for delivery 2006!

Does that mean catalogues may not be far away, and are they going to give traders £200 limited edition locos this year, class 66 Binmen livery!!!

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

Weekend after I think, and it's at Excel in London's dockland.

Not heard anything. Must tap up my rep.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you mean the Toy Fair, it's at ExCel on January 27th to30th. I've got my pass through, but I'm not sure I can make it now due to other business commitments :-( One of very few jollies I was up for this year... Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

Since we are not likely to see any of there intended 2005 range until

2006 does this mean that in 2005 they will continue with what they intended to produce in 2004. I guess that we will see the rest of the K3s and the Halls but what else.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

wrote

Since we are not likely to see any of there intended 2005 range until

This doesn't make any sense at all. The K3s and many other new locos have all been released, the Halls and the Ivatts along with the class 66 diesel are due shortly, the TTA & POA wagons are now showing up as *in stock* on the latest availability listing, so that doesn't leave much other than a few coaches still outstanding from the 2004 catalogue.

Hornby's 2004 programme was much more limited and VERY little of it has so far been released, other than the A4s and the Gresley coaches.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Any clues as to the fate of the 'BR' Mk1 Pullmans yet ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Not sure, but I suspect they are some way off. Just heard from Bachmann that they are shipping the following items to us today.

Some of these may well be items previously released, wilst others are totally new releases some of which I may have mentioned earlier in this thread.

Graham Farish

371-426 371-427

Bachmann Branchlines

31-513a

32-226

32-227 32-276

37-550

37-551 37-552 37-575 37-576 37-577

38-000

38-001 38-002 38-003 38-010 38-011 38-012

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What's a class 32 ?....

For those without a catalogue for a brain ! :~)

Thanks anyway for the info on the Pullmans (still hopping for them in silver / grey).

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

AFAIR the first few Brush A1A-A1A units. Slighly less horse power and without the 4-character head codes above the cab windows.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

They were 30s, then 31/0s ;-) I don't 32 was ever used in the original Class numbers.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

In message , John Turner writes

Hooray, the LMS version of the Jinty is due at last. I've been waiting for this for a while.

Reply to
Spyke

It wasn't, that's why I quoted that Bachmann part number and not one of the others IYSWIM....

I don't even think any the class 31's were ever classed as 30's, there was a sub class in the 1960's when some still had their original Mirrless (sp?) engines and others had been rebuild with the replacement EE engine, but that was well before the class designation system came in (which in turn pre dates the TOPS system and re numbering).

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The re-engineering work took place between 1964 and 1967. The original Class designations appeared, on paper within BR at least, in 1966 IIRC. In 1968 the Class numbers were revised, with TOPS renumbering commencing around

1972/1973. A few Classes were 'absorbed' into others when the Classes were revised, eg 72 becoming 73/0, and 34 becoming 33/2.
Reply to
Rich Mackin

I think it was the 33/1s that were originally to be Class 34, not the 33/2s, which I think were still going to be 33/0s...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

In Bachmann catalogue terms, 32- seems to indicate a "Blue Riband" locomotive, while 31- designates "Branch-Line" locomotives. Blue riband wagons are 37- or 38-, while the coaches are 39-. Branch line wagons are

33- and coaches 34-. Replacement chassis are 35-, and miscellaneous accessories 36-.

The 32-226 is a 3F 'Jinty' 47354 BR Black Early emblem.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

does anyone know which class 66's and in what liveries bachman are producing?

Reply to
Andy

66135 EWS 66610 Freightliner 66701 GBRf

(kim)

Reply to
kim

stock* on

They just managed to squeeze some early emblem K3s out before Christmas and my local shop has the LNER version as well so no late emblem versions. No J39 and no B1.I don't know about the diesels as I am not interested in diesels. So that makes 5 steam locos not released in 2004 that were in the 2004 catalogue so what is there not to understand. Kevin

Reply to
kajr

wrote

We received large quantities of early & late crest K3s *prior* to Christmas and had the LNER version shortly thereafter, so you facts are incorrect. Both BR versions of the Jinty were issued before Christmas and the LMS version is currently being shipped.

The J39 and the B1 are re-issued models and I guess priority was given to getting the new releases into the shops. I believe they are due in February (or shortly thereafter).

As I said earlier the GWR Halls and the Ivatt 2-6-0s are imminent, and the latter looks to be arriving much earlier than anyone anticipated.

You may not care much about diesels, in which case you are very much in the minority, but during 2004 Bachmann managed to get totally new models of diesel classes 20, 37 & 40 into the shops, which coupled with two the two new steam loco models sounds to be a pretty fair achievement in my book. Once again, compare that with what Hornby have achieved!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What makes you say ths John? Bachman are still saying April.

,

Reply to
piemanlarger