bachmann 2005

My facts are perfectly correct as my dealer doesn't have ant late crest K3s. Why does Bachmann display such favouritism to certain dealers. If certain models are available and Bachmann are giving preference to certain dealers wouldn't that class as restraint of trade. What has Hornby's delivery got to do with this, the thread is about Bachmann. Should we also look at Dapol, Athearn, Heljan, Fleischmann etc etc just for balance. It is a real bloody pain not knowing what the hell Bachmann intend to deliver and when and I certainly don't intend to be pressured by Bachmann into abandoning my dealer and buying on the internet. Whatever Bachmann publish on the inernet or tell their favoured dealers is irrelevant if other dealers only know waht they are getting when it arrives.

Reply to
kajr

Oh shut up!

Reply to
David Smith

"piemanlarger" wrote

The first of the Halls were expected before Christmas, but got delayed. We expect them any time. I was told by our Bachmann rep before Christmas that the Ivatt was in production and supplies were expected early in the new year.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

wrote

I don't know. All I can tell you is we pay our bills promptly, take the extra discount for paying within 10 days, and consequently we tend to get new releases quickly.

I heard a similar moan from the customer of another retailer some time ago and it turns out the retailer hadn't even ordered the model in question.

John.

Reply to
John Turner
[ re layout formatted ]

That's told him !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Never works with you Jerry! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I walked into that one.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

When Hornby were about to make their 2005 announcements we had a lot of leaks and hints and so on. It seems strange that Bachmann have kept theirs under wrap much more.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Perhaps they see no point in fuelling the hyena type behaviour of some in the hobby every new year / toy fair.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"John Ruddy" wrote

Maybe they're just more streetwise! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Its easier to get hold of state secrets than Bachmanns delivery schedule. Who would have thought that being a customer and paying money to a supplyer is viewed as being a pain in the arse. Surely it isn't too much to ask when their f**king models are being delivered.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

As far as I can tell your complaint is with your retailer, not with the manufacturer. Bachmann is under no obligation to supply you with details of any kind.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Thats right, the =A3400 I had put aside to give to Bachmann I will use for some other use. Their loss, not mine.

Reply to
kajr

If thats your attitude towards them, why do you bother buying them?

Reply to
John Ruddy

wrote

Strikes me that you want preferential treatment! All retailers are in the same boat, and whilst we do our best to keep our customers informed, we are ALL at the mercy of the drip-feed mentality of the manufacturers.

I'm still not sure where your grievences should really be directed. Can't tell whether it's your chosen retailer or the manufacturer who is really at fault, but remember you'll only be getting one side of the story.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Why is it that I am expecting preferential treatment when some dealers have the models and others don't. All I am asking is that my dealer gets the same preferential treatment that you and the likes of Rails and Hattons get. Clearly all dealers are not in the same boat or you wouldn't have some dealers with and some without certain models. Assuming that they actually order the stuff. Why is it considered prefential for on dealer to get the same as another. The original posting was poking a joke at Bachmanns expense over the farse that is their delivery schedule, stress "their" delivery schedule. I don't have a grievance of any sort. I thought that it might just be nice to have some idea what is going to be available throughout 2005, not 2006. I will worry about 2006 next year. I don't think that it will be too long before the only place to buy stuff will be at shows or on the internet. I don't exactly relish that prospect. Perhaps Bachmann should consider a subscribable email newsletter of what is becoming availbable. Seems to work for BLI.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

As I understand it, some dealers do get preferential treatment - if they place their orders in good time, and pay their invoices promptly.

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

That's what I said earlier.

We ordered K3s back in February 2004, and do not owe Bachmann any money, other than the invoice which arrived this morning. I wonder if Kevin's chosen retailer can say the same? If say he didn't order K3s until June, who should get the preference?

I'm not making any accusations, just wondering if we're talking about a level playing field? I wouldn't expect expect retailers who were slow in paying their bills, for instance, to get the same level of service as those who pay promptly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

LOL, so stop your rants then !

I thought that it might just be

FFS Bachmann don't have to release freck all if they don't want to.

Period.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The majority of hobby shops stock model railways only as a sideline and couldn't give a stuff what comes out or when. Until very recently the only Bachmann agent in my area was an out-of-town garden centre.

(kim)

Reply to
kim