bachmann 2005

bit OT but I'm interested as to why you say that? Are diesels now out-selling steam?

but during 2004 Bachmann managed to get totally new models of

As I model the S&D I don't do diesels but I was more than happy the Jinty was released before Xmas. In fact most of the steam loco's I require have been released. The only thing I'd like to see are more green Bulleid coaches which seem difficult to obtain at times. Oh and perhaps a re-built light pacific and some Maunsells but maybe thats a bit of a forlorn hope....and I think hell will freeze over before anyone releases a 7F 2-8-0!..mores the pity.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Clarke

I there are many more steam/diesel transition-period modellers than pure steam enthusiasts?

Or indeed a Stanier 2-6-0 5F, Stanier 2-6-2t, 0-8-0 Super-D, Class 2 Ivatt

2-6-0 or anything with a 2D shed code!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Interesting list to which I would add a 3F 0-6-0 & a Crosti 9F but we're getting into RTR fantasy land now! :-) I actually think the Super D would sell rather well...dare I say a "niche" product similar to the Q1. Although I'm led to believe that hasn't sold as much as Hornby would have liked??

Ian

Reply to
Ian Clarke

Oh I don't know, the model is 2/3rds the way there, chassis, tender and some upper loco parts are already produced. Also the area that they worked has been modelled for years using RTR stock - more than can be said about things like the SR Q1....

But people used to call anything (ex) LNER, such as the *original* Hornby A4's [1] (or the earlier Trix products), as a "niche" market - look at it now...

[1] the original A3 (Flying Scotsman) was popular due to the preserved loco, especially whilst it was one of the few steam loco's allows to run on BR tracks post '68.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

"Ian Clarke" wrote

Not so sure of that. Bachmann's new Jinty 0-6-0T does, I believe, give them a chassis which would allow production of a 3F 0-6-0 tender loco without developing a totally new chassis.

John

Reply to
John Turner