Big ZTC Price Reduction

It has just been announced that ZTC have reduced the price of their superb 511 control unit from £399 to £299 including next day UK delivery. Perhaps if their decoders become a little more competitively priced, and include a warranty as good as TCS and Lenz, they will start to make a bigger impact on the DCC UK market.

Good luck to them.

Dave W.

P.S. Note to :::Jerry:::. This is not an advertisement. I consider it an interesting piece of news and I have no connection with ZTC other than as a user of their products!

Reply to
David Westerman

Nor do I, it's a press release (if you were connected to ZTC) [1] or exactly what the group was intended for is you aren't !...

[1] just as I know consider that JT's 'new release' info is a press release as he does not advertise directly via the message.
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I think I understand what you were trying to say! I'm just so glad that my post did not offend you.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

In message , David Westerman writes

If you notice on their web page

you will see that this is a special offer available while limited stocks last.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Dave, Does this mean some of us will get some money back on the units we did buy at the higher price?

I didn't think so!

Ref the decoders, ZTC do have very similar guarantees, they just don't shout about it (enough)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

But you won yours for nothing in a "Model Rail" competition didn't you? :-)

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

LOL - why worry if they were daft enough to pay ZTC's inflated prices? Don't see other DCC manufacturers having to significantly drop their prices to sell stock, or could it be that ZTC have a new command centre in the wings and are wanting to dump their last remaining supplies of the old one?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

prices?

"We at ZTC Controls Ltd would like to clear up any confusions with the price reduction of the ZTC 511. As like all other retailers from time to time a special sale or discount on one product is appropriate, in this case it is to encourage new and enthusiastic people into the 'realfeel'of model railway control. This is strictly limited to a number of controllers put aside for this offer. All these controllers are brand new fully speced to the latest standard. We would advise anyone who wants to take up this fantastic offer to contact us sooner rather thatn later to avoid dissapointment. It is true that a transformer is required to power the ZTC 511 but you are saving =A3100.00 on the controller and Free next day delivery. Contary to the rumours on DCC UK there is not a replacement controller, this is pure speculation. The Directors of ZTC Controls Ltd"

Reply to
manatbandq

Agreed. I just wanted to stop the pointless speculation about new ZTC kit.

Reply to
manatbandq

wrote

< quote >

"We at ZTC Controls Ltd would like to clear up any confusions with the price reduction of the ZTC 511. As like all other retailers from time to time a special sale or discount on one product is appropriate, in this case it is to encourage new and enthusiastic people into the 'realfeel'of model railway control. This is strictly limited to a number of controllers put aside for this offer. All these controllers are brand new fully speced to the latest standard. We would advise anyone who wants to take up this fantastic offer to contact us sooner rather thatn later to avoid dissapointment. It is true that a transformer is required to power the ZTC 511 but you are saving £100.00 on the controller and Free next day delivery. Contary to the rumours on DCC UK there is not a replacement controller, this is pure speculation. The Directors of ZTC Controls Ltd"

< unquote >

Fair comment, BUT who needs to have a sale if the stuff if already flowing out of the warehouse?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Phil: Its January, and like many other suppliers, in the post Christmas Period, ZTC are making their usual Annual offer of reducing the price for this limited period to maintain stock flow.

Just because many shops had to start there sales back in December or even November.. 8-)

Reply to
Phil

wrote

Wow, someone want to stop speculation on here, that's a first! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"We at ZTC Controls Ltd would like to clear up any confusions with the price reduction of the ZTC 511. As like all other retailers from time to time a special sale or discount on one product is appropriate, in this case it is to encourage new and enthusiastic people into the 'realfeel'of model railway control.

....aka 'We are have poor sales and need to move some stock'.....

This is strictly limited to a number of controllers put aside for this offer. All these controllers are brand new fully speced to the latest standard.

....aka 'this is the number that our accountant tells us that we need to shift'....

We would advise anyone who wants to take up this fantastic offer to contact us sooner rather thatn later to avoid dissapointment.

....aka 'the sooner we get your money the better for us'....

It is true that a transformer is required to power the ZTC 511 but you are saving £100.00 on the controller and Free next day delivery.

....aka 'which we will soon recoup off the gullible'....

Contary to the rumours on DCC UK there is not a replacement controller, this is pure speculation.

....aka 'ATM we have no funds to do so, hence the need to move some stock'....

Me cynical ? Nah.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::