Todays ZTC Special Offer

Just in case someone out there was thinking of ordering a ZTC 511 today, they can save £100 by telephoning and quoting WEB 054. It will be interesting to see how long "today" lasts.

Today's Special Offer ZTC 511 £299 (normal price £399)

This is not an AD - just an observation from an occasional customer!

Dave W.

Reply to
Dave Westerman

"Dave Westerman" wrote

Must be struggling for sales again! Long live sensible *every day* pricing from Lenz.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Agreed John, its still very expensive for a controller, Lob another £100 off and ill start thinking about it.

Reply to
ViP

| > Today's Special Offer ZTC 511 £299 (normal price £399) | >

| > This is not an AD - just an observation from an occasional customer! | | Must be struggling for sales again! Long live sensible *every day* pricing | from Lenz. | | John. |

What's so bad about the Roco start sets that they never seem to get a mention? I bought one a while ago to try out as it was very reasonably priced and was a complete kit. To be honest I've done no more with it than set up the track oval and run the loco round a few times to check that it worked, but from reading the instructions it seems a reasonably capable system. (And you get a quite-good-quality loco with the set, or are my standards too low?). I'm still undecided between analogue and DCC for when I finally get going on my layout but for the price I paid for this starter set I figured I couldn't go wrong. The problem lies in the cost of the extra control modules for point motors etc etc etc.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

Limited availability. I was tempted by a Roco start set, but as none were in stock for quite a while I bought a Lenz Compact instead.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

"Mark Thornton" wrote

I'm running a Lenz Compact too (although I'm still operating point motors using conventional DC) and am highly chuffed with its performance. Using good quality (Lenz Gold) decoders, stuff runs better than with ANY DC controller I've used in the past.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote I'm running a Lenz Compact too (although I'm still operating point motors using conventional DC) and am highly chuffed with its performance. Using good quality (Lenz Gold) decoders, stuff runs better than with ANY DC controller I've used in the past.

John.

Must admit, I'm on ZTC, but mostly everything else is Lenz bar the controllers due to price and quality.

I sort of had the ZTC setup handed to me so didn't get a choice - BUT I am VERY happy with it. I have tried using some of the Lenz controllers and didn't find them as easy to use as ZTC.

Still use Lenz decoders as they are better value for money and work better with Sprog and Decoder Pro.

Only downside to DCC is the extra expense. I would like to add a sound chip but the new 25 and 37s are £110 each. Halve that and I may think about it. Till then the CD player will do...

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

That's not a downside to DCC, it's an option that isn't really currently available to DC users.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have no regrets about choosing the Compact. My points are operated either by hand or via "wire in tube".

Mark

Reply to
Mark Thornton