Free Shipping w/G3 Expansion Pack 1 at Tower Hobbies

Got a promotional code today, 011BY, that provides the following:

"Free Standard Shipping on any Great Planes RealFlight Expansion Pack 1 placed on or before March 24. All you have to do to receive this Free Standard Shipping Offer is use ad number 011BY when you place your order via the web (enter it in the yellow box within your shopping cart), over the phone or by mail. This special offer is not retroactive. Please, only one promotional ad number per customer."

Ironically, the promo requires a total purchase of $29.99 or more to get the free shipping, and my membership in the Super Saver club knocked the price of the G3 Expansion Pack 1 down to $28.99. I ordered an extra propeller to get back up to the free shipping minimum.

The new expansion comes with four new flying fields. I was particularly interested in the new G3 Expansion Pack 1 because it includes Flatout foamies (I own the Flatout Cap580) and one of the helicopters I've been thinking about, the Helimax MX-400:

Four ElectriFlyT FlatOutsT - The ReflectionT, the TurmoilT, the Flatana and the Matt Chapman CAP 580 Great Planes® 1/3 Scale Matt Chapman CAP 580 Pietenpol Air Camper BooRay Racer F5D Pylon Racer Hotliner ElectriFly YAK 55 EP Great Planes U-Can-Do 3DT Nieuport 28 X-29 Flying Lawnmower Heli-MaxT MX400T Miniature AircraftT Ion-XT BergenT IntrepidT 90 BergenT IntrepidT Gasser EB

Anyway, anyone who's interested should visit:

Ed Paasch

I received my G3 Expansion Pack 1 and got a chance to try it out a bit. They've done a nice job modelling the physics for the Flatouts, the foamies feel just like the real thing.

I fly foamies in an indoor soccer center and flying the flatouts in the indoor practice facility (a new flying field in the expansion) feels very realistic. I'm no better or worse at hovering on the simulator than I am in real life, either.

If you have G3, this is a pretty cool add-on that is well worth the price.

Reply to
Ed Paasch