any Ideas on Bachmann Production for 2006?

Anyone got any reasonably solid news on what new items Bachmann are likely
to be intending to produce in 2006 (other than catching up on the stuff
missed form 2005 and previous years)?
Ian J.
Reply to
Ian J.
"Bill Davies" ...
Hi Bill How about this one Rake of Maunsell coaches ??? now Hornby put there's on the shelf A Blue Pullman and a Southern EMU :o))
Simon Kohler care of Hornby take note :o)))
All the best Steve.
Reply to
The Parkys
Yeah, really cool USRA 2-10-2, I'm planning on three or four.
Oh, sorry, wrong newsgroup, this is UK..rec.models.rail :-)
-- Happy New Year to all.
Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
There have been rumours of a bachmann S15 4-6-0 - which would make it a VERY good year for southern modellers.
Reply to
John Ruddy
"John Ruddy" wrote
And a really bad year for the vast majority of railway modellers.
I did hear an Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 suggested.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
make it a
Just catching up, perhaps if they withdraw all the ex LNER loco's you would start to remember what it's like not have RTR loco's available?...
Not another ruddy Standard, what about those who model pre 1948, let alone pre grouping?! :~)
Reply to
:::Jerry::::
"John Turner" wrote in message
I would look forward to that!
Ideal for a branch line needing something a bit bigger than a tank loco and easily adapted to a BR 780xx type.
It would probably be too light to pull much unless it could be fitted with loco AND tender drive but no traction tyres please!
Dave W.
Reply to
David Westerman
":::Jerry::::" wrote
The Ivatt 2MT were of LMS design and introduced in 1946 Jerry. The BR version followed in the 1950s.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In message , Roger T. writes
Yes, I've ordered one of those, with DCC and sound. I've got to have something to pull all those ore cars :-) The pictures of the prototype and the early test shots look nice.
So it is. Oh, well, ... never mind.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan
From: "David Westerman" Subject: Re: any Ideas on Bachmann Production for 2006?
Why would it be too light? The Ivatt 4F 2-6-0 model just introduced by Bachmann can't be made much heavier than a similar 2F 2-6-0. My 4F pulls 12 coaches or 60 wagons with no difficulty. You must have a very big layout to handle trains longer than those.
Alistair W
Reply to
Alistair Wright
Well I don't know about that. Size isn't everything, and small wheeled locos can often surprise. The ex CR 439 class 0-4-4T classed 2P by the LMS would pull the coaches of the overnight Euston sleepers (500T at least) out to the carriage sidings without too much fuss.
I have a kit built ex CR 'Beetlecrusher' which will pull 60 wagons and it weighs a lot less than the Bachmann Ivatt.
Alistair W
Reply to
Alistair Wright
Isn't it all about whether or not a smaller loco can "sustain* hauling a big load that counts. It is one thing pulling empty stock at comparatively slow speeds, another for the same train on a quick sprint to Carlisle.
It was suggested to me once that the whole system could have been operated by Black 5's, since on many occasions these locos have been on record as keeping times intended for Pacifics. Of course the fact that the Black 5 needed to be in top order & the crew prepared to have a go are minor details affecting a good story.
Presumably 2MT 2-6-0's were the ideal machines for lighter lines where the Black 5's were not permitted, everything else was a waste of resources.
Kevin Martin
Reply to
Kevin Martin
"Kevin Martin" wrote
As far as I'm aware they were designed to replace a whole plethora of ancient locos mainly in branch line use where a couple of coaches or a handful of wagons would have been the norm. In other words they would be very user-friendly to a great many railway modellers rather than yet another Pacific!
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Piemanlarger" wrote
Well as the Southern was the smallest of the four pre-nationalisation companies, I think you can take it that I mean those whose interests lay beyond that bit of southern England south of the Thames.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Hmmm. I can think of a way in which they might statisfy both sets of folk. You just need a prototype which put in notable service both north and south of the Thames, which isn't modelled by anyone else, which appeared in a wide range of liveries and lasted well into BR ownership (and, ideally, into preservation) and which is likely to have wide appeal. I can think of one which fits perfectly: the Ivatt/Marsh large atlantic. Very little difference between the GN and LB&SC versions (certainly easily accomodated given modern production techniques), choice of liveries from GNR green through LN&E green to BR black for the one and LB&SC chocolate through Southern green to BR black for t'other. Active on prestigious expresses until late in their lives, but also used on local trains and freights. And 251 is preserved and the Bluebell is building a Marsh atlantic.
Usefully shorter than a pacific, too :)
Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Site Timeline