Any word on the Bachmann HO Climax?

I see on the Bachmann website they list in their "shop online" that you can order one of the new HO scale Climax locos, at US$275.00. Anyone see any more realistic prices out there?

The "Ask the Bach Man" feature seems to be having problems, I got the following page when I checked:

"This site is defaced!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------- NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 19. Something is wrong. You need to edit common.php and select a database." Don't have a clue what this means.

Thanks!

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan

We have the Bachmann Climaxes in stock. All variations. $159.95 + Shipping. This is probably the best thing yet from Bachmann. Superbly rendered detail, and glassy smooth running. The Moore-Keppel #2 has a dark blue (Russian Iron) boiler. All engines have full working inside Stephenson valve gear. I have never seen this even on the very expensive brass models.

The C&O George Washington Sets are also in as are th N Scale 2-6-6-2's and a restock on the NH E-33s and the Virginian H-16-44's. See our web page.

peachcreekshops.com

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

Dang "Images coming soon"!

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Charles, there are some pictures of both the Bachmann HO and On30 Climaxs at the Bachmann site.

. There is a picture of the HO Version the opening page right now. After that go to the "Ask BachMan" section and click on the gallery for more pictures of both Climaxes and the forthcoming On30 rail truck that's a very neat work goose like thing. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Railfan wrote: [...]

Either your system or B'mann's site is infected. Just to make sure, clean it with an up-to-date virus scanner. I have two of these running at all times in the background, to monitor incoming mail, etc.

You should also run a spy-ware/ad-ware detector from time to time. I do so about every 10 days, but I don't us Internet Explorer or Outlook Express. If you use those programs, I would run a virus scanner and spy-ware detector every day - leave your machine on 24/7, and set the programs to do their thing at 4am or some other time when you're not using the computer. Or else set them to run whenever you boot (in which case you should start the boot just before you take a coffee break, as the scans can take a long time.)

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

running

Well my Norton Antivirus is up to date, did a complete system scan on Sunday with no problems. All other sites work OK. I accessed the Bach Man site later and it worked, so it appears the problem was at their end.

Cheers,

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
Railfan

"Railfan" wrote in news:1103643191.739458.258810 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

It means they got hosed by a new worm. SlashDot just posted an article about it. Any website with PHP (a scripting language) installed needs to update, esp. if they run one of the popular forum packages written in PHP. This particular worm attacks phpBB, but I'm sure there will be more that attack other software. phpBB just has the largest numbers, but there are already reports from users of other forum software of defacements.

ScratchMonkey