Anyone use the RIX Pivoting Turnout Linkage?

Looks like a reasonable product for situations where a tortoise won't fit directly under the tie bar. Also, lots cheaper than the Tortoise remote mount kit. Has anyone used this RIX product? how long is the wire that extends up from the plate that mounts under the roadbed?

Vince

Reply to
Vince Guarna

Hi Vince,

I have several of the RIX pivots in use on my layout with no problems. The wire provided with the Pivot is fairly long, 2 to 3 inches, I cannot be more exact since mine have been trimmed at the throw bar.

The wire pulls out of the plastic pivot easy and it is no problem to replace it with music wire from the local hobby shop. I have done it couple of times since if you have to drop the pivot for any reason it is very difficult to get the wire back in the throw bar. Much simpler to just replace the wire.

Regards Dave Wheeler

Reply to
Dave Wheeler