MREx Poll 2005...

According to the latest update Southern Region subjects occupy the top five places so unless you want to see nothing but Southern Region models
announced for the next two years it might be a good idea to get you nominations in as soon as possible.
(kim)
To where?
writes

--
Ian Birchenough

writes

http://www.mremag.demon.co.uk/hpsite /
Click on the e-mail link in the left hand panel.
(kim)

five
And about time to, even the once forgotten LNER has caught up with the LMS and GWR, in the RTR (steam) market - a nice 'Q' or 700 class perhaps even a 'L', 'K', 'H' a rebuilt WC/BB, one of the 'E' 0-6-2T's or even a 'USA' class. Oh, and all that on top of an updated Schools !
Then we have all the nice EMU's, both pre '48 and post '48 vintage to chose from....

Well that wouldn't be difficult since many important LMS subjects are still not represented in model form.
(kim)
kim wrote:

*cough* Claughton
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

We are only allowed ten nominations each so I restricted mine to those which have a snowball-in-hell's chance of ever being produced :o)
(kim)
<snip>

they
I take it that you don't like Southern loco's then Kim ?!...

I don't 'dislike' Southern types I simply have no interest in them. What matters here is what other readers like. I am second-guessing the reason that Southern-types dominate the poll is because Southern fans have been highly active in nominating them while fans of other regions - especially the LMR - have been too lethargic to bother to vote. Mind you, they'll be the first to complain when they don't get the models they want.
(kim)

That's a nasty cough you have, Enzo.
--
Martin S.

"Enzo Matrix" wrote:

I'm sure an Oerlikon LNWR EMU will make it better. Really.
Mark.

Bugger, knew there was something important I forgot to add to my list!

LMS
still
Oh come off it, you'll NEVER get all the loco's modelled in RTR, if you want odd balls or pre grouping loco's you're going to have to kit build (always have and always will, straightforward economics dictates that..), what were are talking about here is the means to build a basic set of RTR stock.
As Macmillan once said, "You've never had it so good".....

Actually, he never did. Macmillan was asked a question about 'falling living standards' to which he replied:- "I read in the latest surveys that more people in Britain are taking holidays abroad than ever before. There are more electric refrigerators and other apliances in British homes than ever before. It seems to me that some our people have never had it so good?". It was the Daily Mirror next morning which paraphrased the last sentence as "You've never had it so good!".
(kim)
"Leave the heavy cannons behind they'll slow us down" [General Custer]

<snip>
His meaning was clear and the 'question' was rhetorical, and thus you're splitting hairs Kim ! :~P

Splitting hairs? The words "pot", "kettle" and a very dark colour come to mind . . . . .
:-)
TOS

<splitting hairs> Black is not a colour, but the absence of colour. So you can't be referring to "the pot calling the kettle black" then. </splitting hairs>
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

Surely white is the absence of colour, black being the combination of all colours?
--
Kenny

writes

No, white IS a colour, (true) black is nothing, to put is simply.
Colour is something that reflects certain fractions of the light spectrum and hence the colour that it returns IYSWIM), black (as in true black) OTOH isn't reflecting *any* light and thus no colour is returned - that is why Space is black but planets show colour.
writes

Only when printing. White light is a combination of equal amounts of light of all other colours/frequencies.
(kim)