SWW 2005 here I come!

Well, I did it! I signed up for SWW and I got in everything I wanted with one exception, so I'm happy.

BTW, wouldn't it be cool if there was a repository of pix of the peeps going, so you would know who's who so you could approach (or avoid) someone to say HI.

Ed Eaton - Other than re-reading the Curvy Stuff 101 & 201, is there anything I could do to prepare for Curvy Stuff 301???

It's a small world after all.....

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Come to the SWUGN meeting - Richard & I will be there. Maybe others also. Let' see, I'll be wearing....I don't know - I don't even know what I wore yesterday! Anyway, you'll find me. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Maybe you could prepare some brownies to share with the room?

I really haven't decided what I am going to present this time around. The '301' part of the title came from SolidWorks (I was getting ready to ditch the college numbering scheme because some folks got 102 and 201 mixed up). They wanted to show a progression from last eyar, and I think they also wanted to tie them into Mark Biasottis presentations. That said, I know that I am going to try to build on the work of the last couple of years and go into a slightly different area. I think I'm inclined to continue with the notion of using an understanding of UV lines to help figure out how to break up a product into digestable pieces, work out loft problems, etc... so reviewing the last half of CS201 would be helpful. I'd also like to revisit the manual construction of shells and overmold surfaces because the way I showed it a couple of years ago is out of date - there's much better, simpler approaches now. I just don't know if I'll have time to do both. I will try to work with Mark Biasotti so we aren't covering the same territory.

Be sure to introduce yourself!... no, wait, it'll be obvious who you are because you'll be the guy with the brownies. I'll come to you.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Is that like an apple for the teacher?? :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Nah... brownies are way better than some apple. Unfortunatley, its hard to speak with a mouth full of brownies. I was pushing for treats for the room - I like a happy audience.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Well I'll be there too it looks like too... but I'm going to be with our VAR, so I can't join in on the Round table. But I hope you know I'm there with you! I have spent more time as a User versus in the VAR area. I hope to meet some of you before I leave to come back home that following week.

You just take Beer and Brownies into the RT disscussion meeting!

ROFL

Regards, Scott Baugh, CSWP

Reply to
Scott

Don't worry Muggs....Wayne will be the strange man that runs up, hugs you and then tells you his name. :)

-Christine

Reply to
Christine

Hey, that was just for you! Now everyone will expect it....

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hey Wayne, when is the SWUGN meeting? And I'm assuming that it's SolidWorks Users Group National?????? meeting.

I will definatly look for you, and trust me, I'm OK with no hug.

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

According to the schedule, it's Monday 4:30 - 6:00 pm. Hopefully anyone that has an interest in user groups will attend - it's a pretty fun time. Also a good place to meet.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Muggs, SWUGN stands for SolidWorks User Group Network, formerly SNUG (SolidWorks National User Group). We changed the name a couple of years ago because there really isn't a "National" user group. For more information about who we are and what we do, visit the SWUGN website at

The yearly meeting has been held every year since New Orleans. It started as a "round-table" (literally, we sat in chairs in a big circle) discussion, but has evolved along with the number of user groups into something a little bigger. Heck, last year we even fed everyone. It's a good meeting (65+) last year of user group leaders, those interested in becoming a group leader, or simply users looking for more information about groups.

We'd like to know what you want to hear about this year. We had a great presentation last year from each region, and we announced the addition of two international reps to the committee. Typically, we do a "State of the User Groups" address, and then have an open forum.

Every committee rep will attend, we'll have some food set-up, and some really great folks in attendance.

Hugs are optional.

Richard Doyle SolidWorks User Group Network Southern US Region

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Richard,

I'm a member of a local UG

and I like it a lot, so much so that my only complaint is we don't meet enough. We meet every quarter, so if I have to work, and miss a meeting, I'll have to wait 6 months.

So, thanks, I'll be there, sounds like a good time.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs