Okay Mark, I hate the new RCUniverse

If you're going to merge RCUniverse with RC Airport, why didn't you keep the software the same as RCUniverse (which forum had the larger audience?).

I know, those who love RC Airport will view it differently but I posted first, so nyah!

Just a mini rant, Mark Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Don, I agree 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RC Universe is ruined. I was on this about 3 hours a day. I don't think I will be on it much anymore.

Steve

Reply to
sea

Paying to post classifieds too, I check every day at least once in the classifieds and there are more posted there than any other site just because it is easy and free.Now you will have to pay to post. Before there was no messing around with trying to get a feel of what the seller wanted either, just a price that you can pay and be gone, great system that the money grubbers are about to change, sorry Mark but I think it is a disaster waiting to happen. Shame that such a great site that every body wanted to match has saved them the trouble by selling out to them.http://www.rcscaleproducts.com

Reply to
uriah heep

Thanks Steve...you sound as frustrated as I.

I can't even get logged on correctly to edit my account data. I gave up after about 15 minutes. I doubt if I'm going to wade through that mess much. How do I find the subscribed threads that I am participating in?

Any RC Airport-o-philes want to chime in here and guide me through the process?

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

sorry guys, strike the reference to

I must have hit paste as I had just been to there site before I posted my rant, hate to lump thewm with my opinion good luck Paul

Reply to
uriah heep

I'm glad I'm not the only way who feels this way.

Although I do want to give it a bit more time and give Marc a chance before I declare it offical "RCONLINED", I can tell right off the bat they've made several major errors.

  1. They switched from a stable and secure OS/Software to a very buggy and insecure setup. (Linux + Apache + PHP -> Microsoft Windows + IIS + ASP).
  2. They switched hosting companies (Rackspace -> M2NS Multimedia Marketing).
  3. They adapted the look and feel of the less successful website.

I was afraid this was go> Don,

Reply to
Larry

I agree.....RCUniverse is crap now

Brad L.

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Yes, its a case of fixing something that was not broken. Kinda like taking apart a perfectly working 2 str engine in hopes of making it run better....stooopid ! Still , I feel I should give them some time to correct their errors....ya never know ...they might ! Now, maybe someone will make a good site called "RC Online" again....that'd be funnier n hell !

- John

Reply to
Jon Boy

Whats wrong with RCUniverse? I prefer it to RC Airport and quit reading RC Airport before they merged. Might be because the particular subject I was interested in was a dead issue there...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Damn, I better check this out...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Dan,

If you hated RC Airport....It's Baaaa-aaaack! LOL!

Save RCUniverse...bring it back to the way it was!!!

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Well, that looks familiar...I'm there!

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Reply to
Larry

RCGroups is ok but they want you to "subscribe"..

That is just crap folks...

Reply to
Larry

I havent been there since yesterday and now Im afraid to check it out. Guess I better.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

"Subscribe" as in "register"? That's the way it was at RCUniverse, too. Got no problem with it at all.

You only have to register to post. You can lurk all day long...unless I'm mistaken.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

OK, what exactly is different? I was just there, it all loaded up fine and looks like it has looked for the few months I have been reading it. I dont see any difference at all...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I agree, it looks the same to me too. I even clicked "reload" so I didn't copy in something out of cache.

George

Reply to
George Ball

Just checked out the New RCUniverse. Put me in the "it sucks" camp. Brings back my old Art teachers words: When you feel one more change or bush stroke will make it perfect then STOP! before you screw it up. RCU clearly never learned that lesson. From fine art to doggie doo in one broad stroke, how sad.

Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

They had a problem and went back to the old format until fixed .

Reply to
Tom