Bachmann 2006

John Ruddy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk:

Quite right, for that you need to look at Nationalisation, the rise of the unions and the abandonment of a protectionist economic policy at national level.

Again agreed, however the billions per year we spend subsedising our European competitors and the billions we waste yearly in conforming with often senseless and unwanted regulation would upon leaving the EU be available for inward investment and reducing the tax/regulatory costs to business ...

We also have to consider that the loss to the EU of the money we give them to subsedise their businesses would entail that we would at long last be playing on a level playing field when it comes to competing with industries in France, Germany etc.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Steve W writes

Have you been watching those programs on the telly that were explaining the power of placebo medicines? It seems that you've got the placebo effect without the necessity of taking the placebo.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

In Douglas IOM last September, I observed some workers removing summer flowers from the flower beds along the Promenade, and fertilising the soil with dung from the horse tram stables!

Reply to
MartinS

When

Well other to buy 100,000 units then, I'm sure Hornby would give you preferred terms too...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

costs to

And were the f*ck are we going to sell our products, the EU won't want them (they will support their own) and the USA don't want anything not made within the NAFT zone, Asia is busy becoming self sufficient - so just were are we going to sell our products? Duh...

Having a protectionist economic policy is all very well, unless you are being protected against....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote in news:43e90dae$0$77197$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

It appears that yuo're having difficulty following this thread Jerry, the Eu don't want British products now, we export very little to the EU, in terms of our total export levels export to the EU is almost insignificant, especially compared to the deficit we face in trade with the EU. There are no "ifs" and "buts" re this.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You'll have to excuse me, but I rarely watch the telly or read the newspapers.

You will need to explain this a little. My apologies, but it's been a long day.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Why is this "notorious"? No-one *was* forced, were they? They didn't want to work on Sundays, and now they don't have to.

Head Offices are closing uneconomic branches all the time. That's the way it's supposed to work. What's the problem?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

(Horses - hands - bit... no-one gets it, do they? Wasted, I tell you...)

In order to answer this deep and meaningful question properly, today I popped down to Epsom stables. I asked the owner how he dispensed of the dung, and he pointed me to a miserable old Korean git with a wheelbarrow.

"He takes it away" I was told.

I chased after the Korean, whose wheelbarrow was, indeed, full of the ordure.

"Hey there, barrow-boy!" I called.

The Korean looked round and glared at me.

"I am not a barrow-boy!" he retorted, "I am the owner of an independent retail business which has flourished due to being in close harmony with its customers, often in the face of severe price competition from other organisations."

"Fair enough" I said, "but what do you do with all the manure from the gee-gees?"

"Oh, that? Well, we gather it up, dry it a bit, package it, then flog it to Tesco to sell as veggie-burgers."

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Who does have a protectionist economic policy? Even dear old Albania has given up on that one. North Korea anyone?

Oh, come on! If billions were magically available to the state as a result of not paying EU subsidies, you don't think any of it is going to find its way back to the productive economy? Or that there is going to be any let-up in regulations of any kind, anywhere? This is a Labour government for God's sake!

There's the Olympics to pay for, a programme of CCTV's in every room of every house, then all those poor people in Africa, the NHS alone could consume the GDP of the entire planet and still have 20-year waiting lists....

For once and for all, people, we don't have any manufacturing in the UK because you don't want your kids to get their hands dirty. That's it. That's the whole story. You want your kids to go to university and start their own little media agencies, or fashion houses. Which is laudable, except that everyone else has the same idea, and no-one is doing electrical engineering or the like.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

":::Jerry::::" wrote

I'm sure you're right, but at the end of the day if Hornby's attempts at pushing trainset sales results in further hobby shops closing then their sales will inevitably suffer in the long term too. Why? Because I don't see these national newspaper sellers wanting to sell someone an R600 straight or a level crossing.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have to agree with you 100% on this one Jerry. Not only have I seen it done many times, but to my everlasting shame I was actually with involved with one bunch, who genuinely believed that their recurring bankruptcies were an Act of God, not something their obscenely huge salaries might have some connection to.

The regulations are weak, the regulators are weak. The Inland Revenue and the VAT office are like a bunch of lambs to the slaughter, when these wolves get among them.

And the liquidators really don't care. Either way, they are going to get a fat fee of 100% of any monies they can actually recover.

The banks rarely lose, because they will only lend to a small company to the extent of as personal guaranty covered by the equity in the managing director's house.

So there you have it. Complete and utter chaos and corruption. What else would you expect in the Britain of the 21st century? You gotta grab what you can while it's going.....

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"Steve W" wrote