Trade news - Bachmann new releases

Just arrived into stock this morning:-

EWS class 66 diesel - but in VERY limited quantities all of which are spoken for.

BR black Hall class 4-6-0 "St Edmund Hall" again in limited quantities.

Reply to
John Turner

quantities.

John, do you have any dealings with, or info on, the USA Bachmann models ? They seem to be listed and priced on the Bachmann UK site but availability seems to be a problem, any idea as to what the true situation is ?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Availability tends to be sporadic and generally we get these models to specific order from customers. Got some used examples at the moment.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh well, no sign off the Ivatt 4MT.

I will have to wait for the Summer, but it will give me more time to save up for loadsa locos. (You cant have an early 60s Lincs layout without at least 10 of them, trust me,)

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

Hi John, I tried to log onto to your website to look at pics of the real

66's but ended up on some hosting site, are you charging for people to view the photos now?

Picked up a model locally tonight, looks ok i think but If i were giving hornby9/10 for their 31+50, this would be about 7.5?

Reply to
Piemanlager

Nope, you can access through

or
completely free of charge.

I don't rate the 31 quite that highly - say 8/10 but would agree that 7½ would be about right for the 66.

I reckon the 31 though is better than the Hornby 50.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

people to

Not sure why but both sites / index pages were taking a awfully long time to resolve (DNS look-up and load) yesterday, in fact 'bluediesels' timed out the first time I tried.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

The internet does weird & wonderful things at times, but I had over 500 hits on

on Monday last and that might have restricted the available bandwidth. 500 hits doesn't sound a lot, but when they're all downloading 350Kb images it certainly gobbles bandwidth.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Time to up your bandwidth allowance then, and probably charge for high res' images !.... :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Bit of a blip on Monday; the sites do not normally get so many hits, but I did a fairly major update, the first for many months and maybe publicised it a tad too widely.

John.

Reply to
John Turner