M & L castings ????

Hi all

I have just received a lovely kit entitled:

Premier Kits Model & Leisure Castings

28 Cottesbrook Close Ernsford Grange Coventry CV3 2FU

It is of an LNWR Cornwall and Webb Coupe (passenger carriage), 4mm Scale Cast Loco and Brass Chassis kit 2-2-2 loco. It is a lovely "Single" and coach.

Anyway to my question - Does anyone have a contact for these people? Also, I will need to get a motor for it and need advice as to where to get one and at what stage to fit it.

Finally, does anyone else have one of these they have finished? If so, or you know of someone - I would love to see some pics as the only one I have is on the box and it isn't great.

thanks for any help

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

I believe Alan Gibson ended up with this range. This link takes you to the what I think is the remains (upgraded) of the M&L kits

AG has accumulated a large range of models from many sources and in many cases the full range is no longer available. If you follow the links to his general notes on loco kit construction, he recommends Mashima Motors and High Level gearboxes.

Another good source of gearboxes is the NWSL

range (if you can figure out their new website :-) ) the 0.3 range is what to look for.

For a model like this careful selection of the motor/gearbox combination is going to be important.

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin