Old Lima tank and coaches - info?

I was given a bag of "goodies" today which consists of a pair of vintage H&M controllers and what I assume must have been a very early Lima trainset. This consists of :

an 0-4-0 tank engine numbered 40106 two (supposedly) LMS coaches in blood& custard (numbered 5051) one blue coach with "COMPAGNIE INTERNATIONALE DES WAGONS - LITS ET DES GRANDS EXPRESS EUROPEANS" about 30 items of Lima track.

both types of coach appear to be the same moulding except for the roof and bogies.

The loco (surprisingy) runs OK.

Does anyone know anything about these? Is anyone likely to want them?

Adrian

Reply to
The Bradshaws

=>I was given a bag of "goodies" today which consists of a pair of vintage H&M =>controllers and what I assume must have been a very early Lima trainset. =>This consists of : =>

=>an 0-4-0 tank engine numbered 40106 =>two (supposedly) LMS coaches in blood& custard (numbered 5051) =>one blue coach with "COMPAGNIE INTERNATIONALE DES WAGONS - LITS ET DES =>GRANDS EXPRESS EUROPEANS" =>about 30 items of Lima track. =>

=>both types of coach appear to be the same moulding except for the roof and =>bogies. =>

=>The loco (surprisingy) runs OK. =>

=>Does anyone know anything about these? =>Is anyone likely to want them? =>

=>Adrian =>

=>

I doubt it, but the cars sound like they might be a good basis for experiments in kitbashing. Yeah, yeah, I know they're not kits -- so take them apart... :-)

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

The coaches will be HO scale - there are a few British HO collectors who would be glad to get them. The loco is - well - a US styled toy. Useful motor parts for many Lima locos. The CIWL coach is accurate as far as the lettering is concerned - the rest is imaginary.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I thought as much... they are deffinitely toys rather than models... And, yes, I'm pretty sure they must be HO - they look small.

If anyone wants these, drop me an email.

Reply to
Adrian