Lima (?) tank - Corn Products

Anyone remember a 6-wheel tank in Corn Products livery? I think it was Lima and I think it was green with white lettering.

Corn Products have been around for a bit and glucose (one of their products) is shipped in bulk, they use quite a lot of rail transport but I am unsure if this was real or ficticious.

Reason for asking is I am finall;y (after about 20 years) finishing off something - It's now a (non commercial) website and I'm making a belated start on finishing off the 'lineside industries' bit. The index page for which is at:

This will be used in the last entry, sugar and stuff. Non of the sections are anywhere near finished as yet, many are not really started, but give me another 10 years and it'll be useful.

Regards

Mike

May have to go over and decorate Mum's place for a day or so, so may not be able to reply to any posts until Thursday (its now Monday)

Reply to
Mike Smith

There's a Corn Products bogie tank on Paul Bartlett's excellent site

It's definately green!

I only did a quick search, so your 6-wheel version may be there too.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

Thanks for that - This is going to take a while I suspect!

The 6-wheeler was (IIRC) a standard milk tank in corn products livery, or at least green with corn products ltd on the side. Could be real, they sell (or sold) glucose which travels in tankers on the roads. Trouble is few people bothered taking pictures of the 'mundane', so grubby industrial stuff is not well documented, the companies can tell you the name of every director they ever had, but try asking about stick-on labels for railway vans!

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

You'd be amazed what's on Pauls site - I was stunned to find BenChair's one and only wagon there.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

I agree, a really useful effort, and I'm very grateful to him (I have a link to his pages on the site).

Thanks for responding - Next job is Mum's living room but I'll have another google when I get home

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith