Co2 tank info needed

Ok, so I had printed out and saved in a REALLY safe place every posting I could see go past on getting started with a CO2 setup for airbrushing.. Obviouslly REALLY safe, since I cant find them.

I deja/googled looking for them and can't find much.

So, for the final time, I promise... will someone please tell me most everything I need to know to take with me to show the slack jawed morons at MG (who I called and am not lucky enough to have someone there know what I want/need) to get a complete CO2 airbrush set up..

tank regulator/guages (line pressure and remaining rank pressure?) adaptor for Tamiya brush anything else?

I'll be the keeper of the info and post it to the next poor unorganized slob who needs help.

Thanks

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Mike - Here's what I've got to offer...

I have two ex-CO2 fire extinguishers (five pound cylinders) that I had converted for propellant use. I 'found' (literally!) a twenty pound cylinder that's my main source to power my airbrushes. You can lease or buy, depending on your needs. New, I think a twenty pounder will run in the neighborhood of $75-$100.

I have an inexpensive "on-tap" regulator (~$35) with one gauge. Onto this, I connected another inexpensive, Sears regulator (~$15) with its own gauge and it allows finer control of the flow. Since I have extra cylinders, I use them when pressure falls and chose to forego the dual stage regulator, which shows both working pressure and remaining pressure. I've been told that liquid CO2 boils off to supply constant ~700-800 PSI gas at the valve body. There's no gradual pressure drop like when pressurized air depletes; it's there and then it's gone. So, in my mind, a dual stage regulator had less use in my application than a backup cylinder.

Hmmm.... Can't help you there but any welding shop worth its salt should have fittings for this. I found mine (for Badger) at a local shop.

You shouldn't need anything else - no water traps or the like. One thing to keep in mind - keep the cylinder chained or strapped to your wall, desk, what-have-you. Keep the cylinder steady and vertical to avoid problems like CO2-powered missiles going through your wall. Oh - Teflon tape for your connections!

From one poor, unorganized slob to another, I'll be here to help next time, too. It's never too late to help someone in need...

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Try an online of local homebrew place. They sell fixtures, local places will rent tanks or sell your choice and are usually very helpful.

Reply to
a0002604

Just a point but why CO2 when you can get cylinders of dried air? much less dangerous than using CO2 especially if you are spraying in confined spaces.

Reply to
Umineko

in article 3f38e478$ snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au, Umineko at snipped-for-privacy@umineko-aus.com wrote on 08/12/03 7:58 AM:

CO2 is not dangerous if used with a modicum of common sense. I don't know of anyone who sprays that much even in confined spaces. I simply use good ventilation and keep my spraying to a minimum. A fill-up of CO2--5# bottle-- lasts me about 5-6 months and costs me about $5, but there's still no sense in wasting it.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell