Info about Flying Scotsman - coaches (N gauge)

Hi

I just bought myself a MiniTrix "Flying Scotsman". Now comes the question of what coaches I can get in N gauge to go with it! I'm not interested in Graham Farish, as I use the scale 1:160. The teak coaches seems to be impossible to find, has it had any others? Please guide me to online-shops or just a model number and make, so I can try ebay.

Thank you Søren Bay (Danish model railroader)

SB

"SB" wrote

Interesting decision because the Minitrix 'Scotsman' was made to 1:148 - the same as Graham Farish.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh I see - didn't know that! I thought - as it was MiniTrix it was in scale 1:160!

What about Dapol coaches what scale are they?

//Søren

Reply to
SB

Dapol should be to same scale as Farish.

As far as teak coaches are concerned try on e-bay, nos. 6031372806 (M/trix) and 6030090750 (Farish).

For accuracy though I think you will need to go for kits or scratchbuild as the e-bay items appear to be 'repaints' of standard models.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hi Steve, I was thinking about going after some of these Minitrix teak carriages. How do you tell that it's a repaint?

Cheers, Steve (W)

Reply to
Steve W

Or wait until later this year!

This morning, Dapol announced that they will be producing Gresleys for Warley. Initial livery to be decided, but there's a poll on their website

if you want to vote for Teaks :-)

There will be a greater range of different coaches than the old Minitrix range.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Marsden

Sorry, I meant that Minitrix/Farish had outshopped(?) their standard models (Mk 1 etc) in teak.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

Has it run with any other coaches than the teak ones?

//Søren

Reply to
SB

"SB" wrote

'Scotsman' is preserved and in preservation has run with a whole host of different coach types although BR Mk1s would probably be the most common, especially today.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Is it BR 63'? Make and model number?

And what color would they have? Blue, maroon, red, green?

//Søren

Reply to
SB

"SB" wrote

Farish produce models of the Mk1 coaches - far too many to specifically mention each, but check out the Farish section of the Bachmann website.

For preservation use Mk1s in BR maroon are appropriate, but I also recall 'Scotsman' in the late 1970s hauling Mk1s in BR blue/grey, and their is also a rake of green Mk1s in use for steam specials.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Whilst these days there are neat "single livery" preserved sets, for many years, steam specials got whatever old stock was kicking around. So a right mixture of liveries and state of paint (from new to completely faded) would be seen.

Just like current East Anglian passenger services on London-Norwich where you could see Anglia Green with white strips, Virgin (s/hand stock, with logos removed), the new One horrid purply colour, and railfreight loco on the front of a single train.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe