Comfort breaks at exhibitions

So what does a one man band do when he/she needs to leave the stand for
a "comfort break"? As a potential trader this question is troubling me.
I guess the obvious answer is to get the adjoining stand to cover, does
that happen?
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
That depends on if the stand next to you is busy or not ! When i do exhibitions i will ask the trader next to me to keep a eye out, i wouldnt have a problem looking after some one else`s stand for 5 or 10 muinets but it does depend on how busy i am, also i do have my son with me too so he can look after things for a couple of muinets for a visit to the to-lets
kindest regards Simon Judd

Simon Judd
Simon Judd said the following on 23/01/2006 10:59:
I have been to an exhibition where I wanted to buy something from a particular stand, and no-one seemed to be looking after it at all! I guessed the reason for the lack of staff, and just hung around for a few minutes. The trader reappeared, embarrassed although there was no need to be, and off I went with my bits. Hopefully the fact that I was hovering about deterred anyone from stealing, because it would have been so easy!
Reply to
Paul Boyd
wrote
Don't do shows on your own. We always have a minimum of two on our stand at any time, more at busy shows.
Yes of course it happens, but don't expect them to be able to keep a proper eye on their own stand and yours. Many clubs will often provide a club member to help out for short periods.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Exactly that happens at the Wimborne exhibition - I know, I have performed the role! :-)
Ian J.
Reply to
Ian J.
The best advice is to "go" before the show starts & don't partake in any food or drink during the event. Also wear good runners for when the doors shut.
;-)
Kevin Martin
Reply to
Kevin Martin