Old Meter Info Req'd.

I have a couple of old meters ,volt and amp meters, on each face, below the scales, is the inscription"B S 1st.Grade" and directly below that "1918". Does this mean the meters were made to BS 1st Grade in 1918, or that the grade was introduced in 1918 and the gauges could be have been produced after this date to that grade? I thank you in advance for any info or pointers. Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
David Carter

It means they were made to the 1918 standard. Usually there will be an actual date of manufacture as well.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Many thanks for your reply,Harry. Much appreciated. The two meters are on a switch board of an old Boulton & Paul household generating set which I recently bought and am trying to date. Photos at

again many thanks,Regards,Dave Carter

Reply to
David Carter