Old Magazines

Hi. I live in the US. Is there somebody in England who has copies of older MR magazines available?? Here in the US there is a company called RailPub, who also have a web site, who have copies of many US model rr mags. Thanks. John Hudson.

Reply to
HICJHH

Michael Gray

I'm not aware of a retailer who does this for all the magazines. The Railway Modeller usually carries an advert by the publisher for back numbers. See page 37a of the July edition. I expect the publishers of Model Rail, British Railway Modelling and Model Railway Journal would also sell back numbers. Private individuals often offer them in the classified ads. See eg page 90 of the July British Railway Modelling, which has an ad for Railway Modeller

1950s/1980s. It gives an e-mail address snipped-for-privacy@exchequer.com.
Reply to
Ed Callaghan

Thanks for the reply. John Hudson

Reply to
HICJHH

I would imagine most model retailers and booksellers return unsold magazines for credit. Individual back numbers from the publisher can be quite expensive for postage, etc. Many *traders* acquire collections of old magazines and sell them at reduced prices (but still a profit) at shows and swap meets, or in classified ads.

Reply to
MartinS