MR Magizines.

Hi. I am in the US. I am wondering if there is any place I could order older model railroading mazizines? Also, is there any index source on line for articles over the years. Thank you. John Hudson

Reply to
HICJHH

Railroading or Railway?

Reply to
Rob

=>Hi. I am in the US. I am wondering if there is any place I could order older =>model railroading mazizines? Also, is there any index source on line for =>articles over the years. Thank you. John Hudson

Buy a recent copy of Model Railroader - at least one purveyor of old issues advertises in their Classifieds section. If you want UK mags, I suggest you buy a recent issue of Railway Modeller; you should find a source of old mags advertising in that.

To find an index of articles, google on "model railroad magazine index". (Always google first - it saves a lot of time!)

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

The only one I know of, for British magazines, is at

page has a matrix showing which issues of which magazines are in his index, and links to his indexes.

It has every Railway Modeller between 1949 and 1996.

For some reason his Model Railway Journal Index is not on this page. It is complete and at

indexes all issues of the Model Railway Journal.

MRJ is the finescale magazine, the one I find most useful, have a complete set of, and the one I get shipped to Poughkeepsie from England by subscription.

If you use it, send Mike an email to thank him. He put in a lot of effort to create this, and it's a valuable resource. I for one am extremely grateful to him.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

an excellent index,, but bear in mind that the area of interest referenced is for the former Southern Railway and its constituents. Mike in BC

Reply to
Michael Gray

I'd recommend Nick Tozer as a supplier of back numbers: he filled out my MRJ collection at a very reasonable price the other year.

He has a web presence somewhere.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

You might want to give Hobbyist's Bookland a try - they're based in the UK, and according to a bookmark sitting in front of me they had

65,000 magazines in stock. No web site mentioned, but an email address of 100544 DOT 1675 AT compuserve.com (change the DOT and AT first!).

regards, phil

Reply to
Phil Stubbington

Hi John

There is a commercila site at the following URL that sell back issues

Magazine are also available from a Carriage preservation Group at

I do not lknow if they can accept overseas orders.

Regards

Tony Cane

Reply to
tc

I think anyone will accept overseas orders if you can send them the appropriate funds including extra postage. If they don't take credit cards or Paypal, you can send a bank draft or postal money order in pounds sterling.

Reply to
MartinS